• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2011 FMA Film, Onigamiden, Priest Trailers Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britata348

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
The FMA movie should be interesting. I hope its better than the last one...
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt that -_-
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'll be adding Onigamiden to my watch list.

The FMA film I'll watch regardless, but the story will be hard to get excited about when it's just a feature length filler story with no effect on the original plot. It's not like any of the important characters are going to be in any serious danger or anything. I liked the first movie quite a bit because it was a nice conclusion to the original TV series, but this one is just fluff.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Milos looks great. Can't wait to watch it.. I'm guessing FUNi will license and dub it
braves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The animation for the FMA movie looks sick.

Onigamiden is reminding me a bit too much of Spriggan. Even Otomo is involved with this movie too. Hopefully it's...better, but I'll still watch it regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Onigamiden looks cool.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
So Ed and Al are gonna face off against a girl who becomes a werewolf? And an armada of batgirls? Uhm.... O...kaaay.

Could still be good.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
So Ed and Al are gonna face off against a girl who becomes a werewolf? And an armada of batgirls? Uhm.... O...kaaay.

Could still be good.
Wrong, that's not a werewolf, nor is it the girl. That character's a chimera.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dagon123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
wrote:
but the story will be hard to get excited about when it's just a feature length filler story with no effect on the original plot. It's not like any of the important characters are going to be in any serious danger or anything. I liked the first movie quite a bit because it was a nice conclusion to the original TV series, but this one is just fluff.

At least you're getting a movie, apparently if its not canon its not worth the time, lol Rolling Eyes
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Dagon123 wrote:
wrote:
but the story will be hard to get excited about when it's just a feature length filler story with no effect on the original plot. It's not like any of the important characters are going to be in any serious danger or anything. I liked the first movie quite a bit because it was a nice conclusion to the original TV series, but this one is just fluff.

At least you're getting a movie, apparently if its not canon its not worth the time, lol Rolling Eyes

Not when you've seen the ending and want more.

There is plenty of things they could do to continue the story after they spoiler[got their bodies back and beat 'father']
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Dagon123 wrote:
wrote:

Few non-canon storys are. There is something called "letting it die". Seriously, who asked for this over a continuation? It'd be one thing if they produced this during the anime and manga's run, but now that the story is over why give us a new story that has to be shoehorned into the series rather than try to extend the series the way the first movie did the original TV series? Seems like wasted potential

Emerje
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how I feel about the art style of the new FMA movie. It feels a little "off", like it's stuck somewhere between the first series and Brotherhood, artistically. The fight with that new enemy looks almost identical to Ed and Al's fight with Isaac in the first episode of Brotherhood, so it seems like they took that concept and ran with it for a movie. It might be good for some alchemy combat. With the story of the show finished, that's about all it's good for.

I see L'Arc's doing the song(s?). Fortunately it sounds more like their songs for CoS and not like that droning "Ready Steady Go".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
britata348 wrote:
The FMA movie should be interesting. I hope its better than the last one...

Considering that the second best scene in Conquerors of Shamballa is the opening I don't think it's going to be that hard. I mean CoS main villains where 1,000 Thule Society Zombies in suits of armor when the heroes where a world war II level army.

As for this not being a continuation the reason is the exact same reason while we will never get another sequel to the first Fullmetal ALchemist anime, spoiler[Ed can no longer use alchemy]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I definitely would not want a continuation of where Brotherhood/the Manga ended unless it was written by Arakawa. A filler side story is the lesser of the two evils. But I have to admit I am not excited about this movie.

I am more excited about the new manga art book that is coming out and FMA Chronicles which is supposed to have scenes that didn't make it into the manga.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
The FMA movie looks great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2