• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Darker Than Black question.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote
Hello, i have one question about sezons in DTB.

First is Season 1 Darker Than Black - history is in tokyo.
Next is DTB Gemini of the Meteor - Hei and Yui are running.
And after that is Season 2 - in russia and japan.

I'm right about that ? bcuz im not sure what to watch next after season 1.

Thanks for help.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote
Hi there.

anime#7382

From the encyc we can see all the anime series listed. If you click each one and scroll down a little bit, you can see what years they came out in.

I also think you're mixing up the information. It is:

Darker than Black (TV) - that's season 1
Darker than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini (TV) sequel - that's season 2 and sequel of season 1
Darker than Black - Kuro no Keiyakusha: Gaiden (OAV) - this is a direct sequel of season 1 and a PREQUEL of season 2

So if you paid attention to what years they came out, you'd watch it as DTB S1, DTB S2, FOLLOWED by DTB Gaiden. Now chronologically, it would be DTB S1, DTB Gaiden, DTB S2. People may tell you other wise, but I personally think you should watch it in the broadcast order. The way season 2 is designed you're kind of left in the dark (no pun intended) on what happens after season 1. Watching Gaiden before DTB S2 will not make it as interesting, imo.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
Wait, has FUNimation licensed Gaiden yet? I haven't seen season 1 in its entirety, but I have it on pre-order for the Classic Line release coming up next month. Just wanna know if all of these parts to the series are coming stateside.
debb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
Hi there.

anime#7382

From the encyc we can see all the anime series listed. If you click each one and scroll down a little bit, you can see what years they came out in.

I also think you're mixing up the information. It is:

Darker than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini (TV) sequel - that's season 2 and sequel of season 1
Darker than Black - Kuro no Keiyakusha: Gaiden (OAV) - this is a direct sequel of season 1 and a PREQUEL of season 2

So if you paid attention to what years they came out, you'd watch it as DTB S1, DTB S2, FOLLOWED by DTB Gaiden. Now chronologically, it would be DTB S1, DTB Gaiden, DTB S2. People may tell you other wise, but I personally think you should watch it in the broadcast order. The way season 2 is designed you're kind of left in the dark (no pun intended) on what happens after season 1. Watching Gaiden before DTB S2 will not make it as interesting, imo.

Hi,

i know where i did mistake.

After season 1 i was watching OAV Darker Than Black Gaiden (4 eps). That was what makes me thing that i was watching something other. Smile

gl & hf all.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Wait, has FUNimation licensed Gaiden yet? I haven't seen season 1 in its entirety, but I have it on pre-order for the Classic Line release coming up next month. Just wanna know if all of these parts to the series are coming stateside.

Oh common Sano, use the search bar Anime hyper, jk. To my knowledge, Gaiden has not been licensed yet. According to some random person in some random forum, Gaiden was included in DTB 2 release in Japan... but dunno how it's gonna work here.

Btw Sano, you need a MyAnimeList imo.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
Oh common Sano, use the search bar Anime hyper, jk.
Pfft, like hell--I don't trust the system.Mad

I kid.:lol

Darksorrow29 wrote:
To my knowledge, Gaiden has not been licensed yet. According to some random person in some random forum, Gaiden was included in DTB 2 release in Japan... but dunno how it's gonna work here.
Ha, never thought about that possibility. That'd be sweet--fingers crossed that's what they plan to do. I'm sure that I'll love the 1st season it arrives next month.

Darksorrow29 wrote:
Btw Sano, you need a MyAnimeList imo.
Ya know what? You're not the first person to tell me this, and honestly, I probably should work on that....meh, I'll get around to it sooner or later. Surprised

Anyway, thanks, man.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:

And, if you want to get really finicky about it, there's also a manga set between DtB 1 and the Gaiden OVAs called Shikkoku no Hana (jet black flower) which further explains "what happened between the two seasons." I'd recommend it (you could probably read it at any time) since it does clear up a couple of things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1