• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Drakengard 3's Promo Video Reveals Cast, Eir Aoi Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Micro_Ice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Another epic looking JRPG that will probably not ever get localized Sad
GVman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone brings it over. Both Drakengard 1 and 2 were, as well as Nier (same folks and it was a sequel to Drakengard's 5th ending).
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Micro_Ice wrote:
Another epic looking JRPG that will probably not ever get localized Sad
??

Is there a precedent to make you believe this? Both previous games were, plus Nier. And most console jrpgs get released here.

And this isn't a jrpg.

Anyway, nice to see it in motion finally. I still think the premise sounds really dumb and her design with the flower looks stupid. The character models look decent, but everything else looks pretty poor.

Still, it looks like the story could be cool and dark. Hopefully it's more like 1 and somehow ties into the other games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

??

Is there a precedent to make you believe this? Both previous games were, plus Nier. And most console jrpgs get released here.

NIER was brought to E3 by Square long before the release. Not to mention the second Drakengard wasn't published by Square. I can see where that point's coming from.

Quote:
Still, it looks like the story could be cool and dark. Hopefully it's more like 1 and somehow ties into the other games.

It's a prequel.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

NIER was brought to E3 by Square long before the release. Not to mention the second Drakengard wasn't published by Square.
I don't believe I specifically mentioned that it was Square and not Ubisoft that brought the game. The important part is that it came out and probably the reason Ubisoft brought it was that Square was busy and more than happy to have someone else manage it. They do the same thing for other games.

Of course Nier was brought to E3, the entire game seemed to be some strange experiment with different versions for the regions. Obviously the game was made with the full intent of localization. But that dosen't mean that Drakengard 3 won't. The entire game seems to exist because of the cult success of Nier, which even Wada admitted was a thing here. I kind of doubt the game is not being released here.

Quote:
I can see where that point's coming from.
I guess, but it's not like console Japanese games this gen have had a terrible history of being released here. There's been anime games, an Onichanbarra sequel, and probably some really really niche stuff that did'nt make it. Drakengard 3 has Nier creed and is an action game. I have a feeling it will be fine.

Quote:
It's a prequel.
Oh I know, which is something I'm not fond of. I'm just wondering how much it's tied to the others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
bin1127

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
I remember playing the first drag-on dragoon and collecting every weapon. What a good game.

Very nostalgic, especially with the same graphics quality in this new sequel as the original.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1