• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gigantor on Adult Swim

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Nagisa wrote

Quote:
Fullmetal Alchemist aired in Japan in a weekend afternoon programming slot historically aimed at elementary school-aged males, and Inu-Yasha was a prime time family show.

Yeah but the ratings system is different in Japan and US. So what is a children's show there may be classified as a teens show here.

It is a shame that Tetsujin-28 released by Geneon isn't on the schedule.

Do alot of people really watch stuff at 5:00 AM?

emory wrote

Quote:
If it's one thing I've learned about kids today, it's that old and black and white = instant turn-off. This can at least play on the nostalgic factor of adults in the same way Adult Swim aired Toonheads and The Popeye Show.

Yep, if there is a hint of old anime, instant turnoff. No manner of persuasion works. Is there really a sufficient population adults really that nostalgic for the old stuff?

For one I'm the kind fo guy that watchs things at 5:00 am because I basically don't sleep much but for others there's something known as TIVO or whatever I have one but it isnt a TIVO I forget what exactly it is but it records my show onto the device and holds onto until I want to watch it. Now I know not everyone has this but that's for the people that do have it. There are also people who work night jobs and sleep during day and 5:00am is there prime time if you will. In my case I'm just a guy who only sleeps about 4 hours a day except on weekends where I do get extra sleep. And I let you all know I'm only 18 years old but I like this Gigantor show because it somewhat reminds me of speed racer... If they placed speed racer on adult swim I wonder if you'd be complaining about that being a kids show and my honest opinion Lupin the 3rd was pretty much kids show just as much as Gigantor is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3