• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you enjoyed anything produced in or before 1994?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you enjoyed anything produced in or before 1994?
yes
90%
 90%  [ 226 ]
no
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
I don't know
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
I love egoist
3%
 3%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 249

bats_souther

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I've generally been more interested in anime of the past over what's currently being released, such as the Hokuto no Ken anime and the original Dragon Ball/Z series (haven't had time for GT yet, and don't know if it's any good). I've enjoyed stuff that came out in the 80's quite a lot, which is something I couldn't imagine myself doing a few years ago (even though I was born in 1994 myself-well, just barely, on December 31). I still do appreciate modern anime as well, because if it weren't for Death Note and Bleach I wouldn't have gotten into older and more anime at all.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 am Reply with quote
Speed Racer was the oldest one I can remember, but it hasn't aged that well. I liked it as a kid, but I've definitely outgrown that one. The car that never got a scratch on it...

I think they "borrowed" the look of Duntov's Mako Shark I and II for the Mark V.

Star Blazers, on the other hand has aged a little better. First, it was a series, actually 3 long series. Aside from the producer's fascination with reviving the sunken IJN Yamato, and all the revisionist history innuendos contained in it, it was cool to watch. Even that series though suffered from what we called the "wave motion repair button" where the ship was battered to a hulk in one scene and emerges without a scratch in the next.

Last edited by guildmaster on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
kookykonata

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I was born in '89, so I didn't pick up on older anime all too much, but I did enjoy Tenchi Muyo, Fist of the North Star, Dragonball (z), Transformers, Sailor Moon, and Voltron. I'm sure there's a bit more, I just don't remember it all.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
Of course, I have enjoying anime produced in or before 1994. Most of my favorite anime comes from 1997 onward, but there was some interesting stuff done before that. Space Battleship Yamato (1974) and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (1985) are in my all time top 10 anime series. I also adore Only Yesterday (1991).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7