• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime to Premiere in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
To put it simply, it's weird. There's no science to it.

Do you even know what words mean?

Fencedude5609 wrote:
A
'Upset'? No, I can tolerate it, I just question that level of 'manservice' in a shonen anime. I have no problem with the story except the slow-paced-ness in some parts. The only thing I am truly upset is the movie for obvious reasons.

You sure were upset about it in that first post. In fact, let me quote:

Quote:
floats around in nude....um...why?! That is disturbing.

You find the male body "disturbing" apparently. Why?

Also if you seriously think this is new in "Shonen" anime, or even Gundam, you must not have watched very much.

On the other hand I'm totally not surpised you like the misogynist shitbag that is AGE.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's a show aimed at boys, but they desperately try to get females to watch by making the male leads androgynous pretty boys.
It's a big franchisee aimed at anyone who will spend money on it. Of course they have attractive male characters for the female crowd. Of course after Seed they realized that was a smart move. Just because it's aimed at boys dosen't mean it has to solely revolve around them.

I also find it hard for anyone to really confuse the cast of 00's gender except for one, and well that's part of that character. You really can't tell that Lockon and Setsuna are dudes? Are you blind? I guess you can't tell anyone that dosen't have a military buzcut's gender.

I wonder if you could tell the gender of the main character in the movie version of V For Vendetta.

They look pretty, so what. Did you want them to draw ugly characters? And besides why is that a bad thing?

Hey, they also cast attractive men in action movies. Crazy I know.

Quote:
GW wouldn't have the insane yaoi fanbase it had if the pilots didn't look like the Backstreet Boys.
Yeah and?

Quote:
Ever since GW, Bandai decided to turn every male Gundam lead into effeminate Nancy Boys that made Ciel Phantomhive look like Kenshiro.
Did you just ignore the shows and look at the character designs? I mean I get it, you think handsome= a girl, but very few of these characters actually have effeminate personalities. Unless of course cold and detached is now "effeminate".

Quote:
I'm not being hypocritical. I'm pointing out the idiots that dismissed AGE automatically because of the character designs.
No you're not. Your biningung up something that has long passed since the show aried. Something that has no relvancy in this argument. Because pretty much every post past Episode lets say 48 or whatever of this show has not been about the stupid character designs of the show. Yet, thats pretty much the one thing anyone who defends this crap goes to.

"Well Jim I think age sucks because it's characters are dumb and poorly developed, just like the plot"

"NOES PEOPLE JUST HATE IT BECAUSE OF TH DESIGNS"

"Um I don't think anyone brought those up..."

Quote:
I get annoyed when fangirls only watch a series for the good-looking men
And this bothers you why?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote
I had no problem with AGE. The character design was cutesy; the darned story and the mecha was far from it.

So, it's like a Gunpla Beginning G" full series! When everyone breaks their MS models, they act like they're gonna die or the world is going to end. Laughing Laughing
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote

Pack it up guys. I guess we can't watch Gundam at all. This dude's just too pretty.[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Hell, Tieria and his twin sister look EXACTLY THE SAME, Tieria isn't the least bit more muscular.

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but that wasn't a twin sister. I can see why you would think that, but the innovater Lyle fell for is the only female one as her twin makes a comment specifically saying she was the only female one... therefore Tieria's twin is a dude.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
Hell, Tieria and his twin sister look EXACTLY THE SAME, Tieria isn't the least bit more muscular.

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but that wasn't a twin sister. I can see why you would think that, but the innovater Lyle fell for is the only female one as her twin makes a comment specifically saying she was the only female one... therefore Tieria's twin is a dude.

Two female ones. You forgot Anew.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Forgot her name, but that is who I meant. All the others are guys unless I'm misremembering something.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 am Reply with quote
AGE was boring and frustrating, but it wasn't any worse than SEED or SEED Destiny. 00 was better than all three. But for some reason SEED is still really popular, despite being soulless dreck.

At this point, character designs are hardly the franchise's biggest issue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
Doesnt look like Build Strike Gundam is OP.

*30 episode later*

Oh lord....its Build Strike Freedom Gundam.
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 am Reply with quote
wow some people sure like to complain Confused

personally this show reminds me of Medabots, which was an awesome show when i was a kid, heck still like it. well whatever I'll still watch the show I'm just glad Bandai is trying something a little different with gundam, last couple series have just "been there done that" feel to them.

pretty cool the release is around the corner, glad we don't have to wait to long to see it.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:28 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Forgot her name, but that is who I meant. All the others are guys unless I'm misremembering something.

Nah, one of the green-heads was a girl. Uhhh...oh right, Hiling Care.

...goddamn this show had some silly names.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Pack it up guys. I guess we can't watch Gundam at all. This dude's just too pretty.[/img]

Must be common to find the most homoerotic-looking picture and then say that all of Gundam is like that when the actual show itself the character (Char in the 2nd) didn't have him looking that pretty. Especially looking at other main characters like Amuro, Kai, Bright Noa all look normal look anything but feminine.

It's hard wanting to read your post when all you do is act flippant,
Especially when the point is so obvious.

1) Yes, Wing and SEED had pretty boy designs, but at least you can tell they were boys. So that's acceptable

2) Gundam 00 has GENDERLY AMBIGUOUS designs, these are men who can pass off for female supermodels with flat chests. To some of us, that is weird. Even you can't deny that.

But, knowing you, you're gonna take offense that your favorite Gundam show is being criticized in one aspect as if everything about it was spat on and take it further than that and say 'But this Gundam did this'. Not to mention how you don't seem to differentiate between the terms 'pretty boy' and 'gender ambiguity'.

Don't tell me (assuming you've seen Naruto) that when you saw Haku's face (and normal attire in one episode) and when he was revealed to be a boy you thought 'makes perfect sense!!'

All I did was comment on 00's character designs and how it doesn't make sense for Gundam AGE to get attacked purely for that reason by fans that as Animeking1108 put it, want them to look the least heterosexual.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 am Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
wow some people sure like to complain Confused

personally this show reminds me of Medabots, which was an awesome show when i was a kid, heck still like it. well whatever I'll still watch the show I'm just glad Bandai is trying something a little different with gundam, last couple series have just "been there done that" feel to them.

pretty cool the release is around the corner, glad we don't have to wait to long to see it.

It's Gundam. If you build it they will come and with pitchforks and torchs.

I'm of two minds, part of me wonders if this is really the right approach after AGE didn't really take off, but I guess Bandai really wants that kids demographic and god knows they're stubborn enough to push till they get it. On the other hand I have to admit seeing all those various suits from various Gundam series in one show duking it out like it looks in the trailer backs makes this G Generation the anime in a sense. All that crossover, and if it's 50 episodes and with a Sunrise budget and just sticks to the whole tournament structure it could be good harmless fun. I'm down for checking out at least a little of it but not really expecting much more than just getting to see my favorite suits fight it out shonen action style. At best I can hope for something with the attitude and heart of G Gundam.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:56 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

All I did was comment on 00's character designs and how it doesn't make sense for Gundam AGE to get attacked purely for that reason by fans that as Animeking1108 put it, want them to look the least heterosexual.

How does someone "look heterosexual", precisely?

Please, do explain. I'm sure it will be fascinating
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

How does someone "look heterosexual", precisely?

Please, do explain. I'm sure it will be fascinating

Okay, now you're really taking the piss. They look like girls, what more explanation do you need? If you can't grasp that and want to hear something 'extreme' then you're not worth talking to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7