• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime to Premiere in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-antihero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see some classic Gundams get some kind of recognition at the very least. Especially Wing and X.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Associating not liking girly things and manservice with 'insecurity'.
No, I'm associating it with you being so strongly against it. If you did'nt like it, you;d had just ignored it and went about your day. But obviously it striked a nerve with you. Enough fo you to basicly yell "how dare this mens anime have this stuff". Even though Gundam is basicly mainstream toys anime that goes for many audiences, not just men. It's like getting bent out of shape because Channing Tatum is in an action movie.

By your own admission the character designs "bothered" you, not just that you disliked them. They actually bothered you. You even said one of them being naked disgusted you. Even though this is Gundam where everyone gets naked.

I can't buy the "well pretty boys wouldn't be pilots, it's unrealistic". Because hell, why not have a problem with all the bouncy and pretty women?

So yeah, you seem to actually have a problem with anything that can be seen as girly.

I mean you keep using the word "androgynous" which I'm not even sure you know what it means. Simply put, there is nothing androgynous about Setsuna or Lockon. If they were, you wouldn't be able to tell which gender they were. But of course to you, because they are pretty and have pretty features they must be girls. Even though any normal human being could tell you, they look like really pretty dudes. I mean not just their faces, but their bodies are clearly male toned. You're either blind or don't know what androgyny is. I'll go with both.

Quote:
What a bloody twit you are throwing that card. People like you only see things in black and white, if anything
Clearly I'm the one who sees everything in black and white.

Me-"Well, you know just because you have long hair and are pretty, it dosen't make you not a dude and hell thats cool with me either way"

You-"IF YOU ARE PRETTY YOU ARE A GIRL AND IT"S BAD"

lol Do you also not know what black and white means? I'm going with no.

Quote:
God knows you can't make the blind see
I know, you've proven that here.

Quote:
and I'm not gonna waste my time with you any further trying to make you
You said that already.

Quote:
Sadly, geeks like you think they have an equation figured out on how people think, all you've done make assumptions, you're as clueless as they come.
Doesn't like to be insulted, but keeps insulting people. My you're a smart one. And wtf are you talking about. Equations and science, you've lost me.

And making assumptions, man don't you hate when people do that?

TopGunman wrote:
But, knowing you, you're gonna take offense that your favorite Gundam show is being criticized

Every TopGunman Defense of Age wrote:
People only dislike it because of the character designs *avoids actual reasons*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Was that supposed to be an image of Laura?

No, it's the main character, Domon. Who is male, in case you hadn't noticed. Which you hadn't.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
That's probably the problem with Gundam in general. Too much reverance for Tomino, not enough people willing to take risks with the IP, to take it in some new crazy direction. Less Gundam Seed and more G Gundam.

Well, now they have taken it in a new, crazy direction.

This new show is about people playing a video game. Gundam is now about playing a video game.

What a wonderful new direction.

No, the real problem is that Gundam is essentially over. It needn't continue forever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
animehermit wrote:
That's probably the problem with Gundam in general. Too much reverance for Tomino, not enough people willing to take risks with the IP, to take it in some new crazy direction. Less Gundam Seed and more G Gundam.

Well, now they have taken it in a new, crazy direction.

This new show is about people playing a video game. Gundam is now about playing a video game.

What a wonderful new direction.

No, the real problem is that Gundam is essentially over. It needn't continue forever.

Dat Hysteria.....god I hope for the day when this fandom stops consistently embarrassing itself in front of the normal people so I can no longer be ashamed to call myself a Gundam fan.

*looks at this, looks at Unicorn, looks at new Gundam manga coming out*

Yep, totally over, nothing to see here, none of this stuff exists. Rolling Eyes
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Was that supposed to be an image of Laura?

No, it's the main character, Domon. Who is male, in case you hadn't noticed. Which you hadn't.

It was a tripod "this image is blocked" error. How the hell was I supposed to know what it was when you can't even properly host images?

dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
The image works perfectly for me, and no-one else said anything, so of course the natural assumption is that it works for others.

You couldn't have viewed the image by right clicking on the image and selecting view image?

And even so, if I say a character is a guy then even if you can't see the face, why the heck would your first reaction be to ask whether they are called Laura? That makes no sense. So even though you couldn't see the picture is no reason to think the character is female.

Last edited by dtm42 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
The image works perfectly for me, and no-one else said anything, so of course the natural assumption is that it works for others.

Regardless I don't even know what your point was supposed to be.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
My point was and is that Domon is male, not female like you implied.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
My point was and is that Domon is male, not female like you implied.

Wait what?

I did nothing of the sort.

Are you sure you're not blind?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
*looks at this, looks at Unicorn, looks at new Gundam manga coming out*

Yep, totally over, nothing to see here, none of this stuff exists. Rolling Eyes

All retreading the same material over and over again.

And the best new idea they can come up with is, "Hey, let's put out a show where people play a video game. People want to watch other people play a game instead of actually piloting robots now, apparently."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Actually shows about people playing games can be quite exciting.

Angelic Layer.
Saki.
Chihayafuru.
Every Sports Anime Ever.

etc etc
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude560, you're just trolling at this point. But for anyone else who wants to know what the heck went on:

TopGunman said that there hasn't been a female main character in Gundam. Fencedude5609 then responded that TopGunman's opinion is invalid if they haven't watched G Gundam, which heavily implies that the main character of that show is female and therefore proves TopGunman's assertion wrong. I replied by saying that Domon - the main character in G Gundam - is male, and provided a picture as proof. Which of course means Fencedude560 was wrong to use G Gundam as an example of a Gundam show that has a female main character.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow dtm. I knew you were hilariously literal and anal retentive, but thats a new high (low?) even for you.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Actually shows about people playing games can be quite exciting.

Angelic Layer.
Saki.
Chihayafuru.
Every Sports Anime Ever.

etc etc

Sports are contact. The characters are actually involved in the activity in a physical manner. They're not standing across from each other putting down models or cards or whatever.

Gundam is about the MS pilots actually being inside the mecha and the direct impact that has, staking their lives. If it's just two people playing a video game, what are the stakes? Who cares if one or the other wins or loses?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7