• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Rights for Moon Phase

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
And the hits just keep coming from Funimation. This is how you put all that DBZ money to good use.

Neko Mimi Mode y'all.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote
UNder-impressive, unfunny nerd pandering. I'm still waiting for FUNimation to actually pick up something worthwhile.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, no kidding. I've been subjected to this horror in my anime club for months now. I can't stand this loli-fanboy trash.

Didn't FUNi used to pick up titles that were, ya know, marketable?
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
UNder-impressive, unfunny nerd pandering. I'm still waiting for FUNimation to actually pick up something worthwhile.

Something....like Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist, Gunslinger Girl or Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Oh-Ki! ?

Or are we being difficult?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:

Something....like Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist, Gunslinger Girl or Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Oh-Ki! ?

Fruit's Basket was boring, FullMetal Alchemist was underimpressive (I guess it was okay to begin with, but I guess I just don't like it? no clue), Gunslinger Girl is average and Ryo-oh-Ki is just recycled bits from the first TM! OVA series.

But hey good for everyone.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Come on, you like Kodocha, don't you?

Or is it just "hyperactive losers in ridiculous situations"?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Kodocha is fine, though I'm not as big of a fan of it as I once was. When I said "pick up something worth while", I actually meant to say in a sort of "this year" or "recently" timeframe. Dragonball/Z, YYH and Kodocha so far are the only things I really give two craps about from them.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:

Kodocha is fine, though I'm not as big of a fan of it as I once was. When I said "pick up something worth while", I actually meant to say in a sort of "this year" or "recently" timeframe. Dragonball/Z, YYH and Kodocha so far are the only things I really give two craps about from them.

Well, considering that Moon Phase is within the range of late 2004 early 2005 doesn't that qualify as "recent"? I've seen one ep of it and it seems good Anime hyper Same director as Petit Cossestte and Soul Taker, which means it deserves a look in my book. And as someone pointed out earlier the titles they pointed out, regardless of your personal opinion about them, have sold VERY well, and generated alot of fans. So saying that they aren't decent is going against how much money funi has made off of those shows, which you can't deny is alot.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote
Furu Furu Furu Moooon!

I loved what I saw on fansubs. I'll be getting the DVDs ^^
Shii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
You're looking at the future of anime, my good man.

By the way, this seems to have broken the four-month ban on licensing announcements (excepting GA3 which didn't count) for no apparent reason.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Dragonball/Z, YYH and Kodocha so far are the only things I really give two craps about from them.

I think I now know why you prefer One Piece over Naruto, but that's for another time.

For those who like cute, this works. After all, anything that involves someone or something with or wearing cat ears is always good, right? =^__^=
nxprime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quote
This anime is sorta bizzare and is rather addictive. Hazuki makes this series so worthwhile. Believe it or not, my costume for Halloween is to wear the cat ears. That should freak out everyone at work. Teehee. :)

Neko mimi mode, ya'll! :)
Gawyn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:34 am Reply with quote
So what does everyone think the other licence is (if you haven't read the report they state that they have second announcement that they will be making soon)? I'm hoping it will be BECK since they have been linked to that in the past.
Demaar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:35 am Reply with quote
I've tried watching Tsukuyomi... I really have. But yeah, fanservice... something about it just irritates me. Even fanservice slanted toward females (which is actually why I found it hard to enjoy Trinity blood, too).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cell21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:38 am Reply with quote
Neko mimi mode!!! I wonder if you get a cat hat . ^^ Time to save up for the boxset
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2