• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actors Request Help with Blood Drive

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's more than just a faith-based argument. The US has always struggled with government-run organizations, and many local districts have started contracting private companies to handle certain issues like sanitation, water safety, and the like. It's no secret that many government-run organizations have slowly shifted to private enterprise, just because it's been found that those, in the US, perform better.

You mean like when they privatized California electricity which led to rolling blackouts? But hell, the Iraqis don't even have electricity, because Halliburton's too busy raping their oil and embezzling tax dollars.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
Ok, need to make a correction to my original post. I don't have low blood sugar but high. I realized earlier today that I had written that out wrong and thought I needed to correct it Embarassed.

FYI - the American Red Cross isn't faith based. I'm getting the impression that some are confusing blood donation with Hurricane Katrina relief. As for going in and just donating blood at a local hospital - reality check: you can't usually do that in rural America (which is where I'm located). I'm not sure if any of the local hospitals around my area take donations. While I don't wish to drag out this off topic issue of the American health care system and how it does/doesn't work, I did think that needed to be stated.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
As for going in and just donating blood at a local hospital - reality check: you can't usually do that in rural America (which is where I'm located). I'm not sure if any of the local hospitals around my area take donations. While I don't wish to drag out this off topic issue of the American health care system and how it does/doesn't work, I did think that needed to be stated.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I've always been in or around large metropolises, and the hospitals have always accepted blood donations at their donor centers. The larger hospitals will accept blood donations to be used in their banks, while the smaller ones will always allow people to donate blood for use in upcoming surgeries, or for families and friends (though I'm not sure about anonymous donation).
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:07 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Halliburton

Dont they have those cute bunny-rabbit T-shirts?
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
abunai wrote:
More words

You're right, that does get rather addictive.

Yes, doesn't it? We should form a support group. "Wordies Anonymous"?

SakechanBD wrote:
Quote:

They're no less haphazard and disorganised because of your spirited defense. Good day.

And you, good sir, are no less a pompous dick. Good night.

Hmm. Now, if I turned that little remark around and used the appropriate corresponding word (you know the one I mean) against you, you'd be screaming blue murder the minute you saw it, and rightly so. And any other user who used that expression would be heavily censured by the moderators for it. So what makes it all right for you to say that to me? Oh, never mind... it's true. I'm pompous, and I have a dick. You and I share one of these characteristics. Rolling Eyes

MeggieMay wrote:
FYI - the American Red Cross isn't faith based.

Nobody said that. My remark about "faith-based" arguments was a dig at the ubiquitous (and to my mind based more in faith than in fact) belief in America that private enterprise is more efficient than public institutions. Obviously, I don't think so - and check out GATSU's post for a corroborating opinion.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:58 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
I'm pompous, and I have a dick. You and I share one of these characteristics. Rolling Eyes

She isn't a dickgirl, sorry to dissapoint, Abunai.
David Silva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote
While I cannot donate because I am in another country, do you know what blood type the child has? I guess this would be a bit helpful for those that wish to donate.

Edit:
And please, take your squabbles about the US and its policies elsewhere. I disagree with a lot of their politics, I will not deny that - but THIS IS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE TO ARGUE SUCH MATTERS. We're talking about helping a sick child.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:09 am Reply with quote
I keep hearing O, since a person with type O- blood can safely donate to a person with any ABO blood type, or better know as a "universal donor". Unless he has 0-, only O- can be given to him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
abunai wrote:
I'm pompous, and I have a dick. You and I share one of these characteristics. Rolling Eyes

She isn't a dickgirl, sorry to dissapoint, Abunai.

Trust you to choose the path less travelled. You know, there's a reason why it's less travelled.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:

Hmm. Now, if I turned that little remark around and used the appropriate corresponding word (you know the one I mean) against you, you'd be screaming blue murder the minute you saw it, and rightly so. And any other user who used that expression would be heavily censured by the moderators for it. So what makes it all right for you to say that to me? Oh, never mind... it's true. I'm pompous, and I have a dick. You and I share one of these characteristics. Rolling Eyes

I fully admit to being pompous, my good man. I would like to state for the record, however, that I wouldn't take offense at being called anything relating to the female anatomy, anywhere from vagina, to cunt, to hole. Don't presume to know me and how I would react to situations. As for this conversation, I've grown bored of it, so good day, good night, and good bye.

Cordially,
A pompous cunt
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2