• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Three New Ghibli Museum Movies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote
January 2005?
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:01 am Reply with quote
Will this mean that the older museum films might be released publicly sometime, I wonder? If they just keep adding films, there'll end up being too many to watch in a single visit (though maybe that's the plan?) Smile

Come to think of it, the Disney release of My Neighbour Totoro is next year... it'd be perfect if they included Mei and the Kittenbus with that. I doubt it, but you never know.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:17 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:

If they just keep adding films, there'll end up being too many to watch in a single visit (though maybe that's the plan?) Smile

There are already too many to watch in a single visit - mainly because only a limited number play in any given season.

The most I've ever heard of playing in a single day is 3.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
mrgazpacho wrote:
There are already too many to watch in a single visit - mainly because only a limited number play in any given season.

The most I've ever heard of playing in a single day is 3.

I was under the impression that there only were three museum-specific films? (The Whale Hunt, Mei and the Kittenbus, Koro's Big Day Out).
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
When I've been there, they have never had all 3 of the Museum shorts on at once though.

Iwas getting confused also with the other shorts that they play; generally linked to the current "Special Exhibition" at the time - e.g. PIXAR, or Yuri Norstein, or (hopefully) Aardman...
jfrog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
Will this mean that the older museum films might be released publicly sometime, I wonder? If they just keep adding films, there'll end up being too many to watch in a single visit (though maybe that's the plan?) Smile

Word is that Ghibli is going to release a DVD of all their shorts (including On Your Mark) sometime next year (?). Don't know if this will include Ghiblies, since that's already included with the R2 edition of The Cat Returns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote
According to nausicaa.net, The Ghibli ga Ippai Special Short Short collection will be released in Japan on November 16. On Your Mark will be included, but none of the Museum shorts, not Ghiblies episode 1. It appears to be mainly commercials.

Ghiblies episode 2 is the one on the DVD release of Neko no Ongaeshi Smile
toru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
When Miyazaki met Nick Park in Tokyo International Film Festival, he answered about Museum shorts.

Miyazaki: Since the short film for museum can not change into money, Suzuki asked me about possibility to change it into money. I answered him that it may be possible after we die.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
toru wrote:
When Miyazaki met Nick Park in Tokyo International Film Festival, he answered about Museum shorts.

Miyazaki: Since the short film for museum can not change into money, Suzuki asked me about possibility to change it into money. I answered him that it may be possible after we die.

LOL "change it into money" - that's Suzuki for you Mr. Green

And then Miyazaki basically said "over my dead body!" Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1