• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Lab (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
It's quite likely that they didn't get their nicknames until their 2nd year because it is the 1st years who gave them those nicknames.

Riko trying to forcefully be cute was hilarious, making her own sound effects as she playfully punched Sayo.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8
I found the latest episode a bit meh. I did enjoy the first half though with Riko as she was a bit out of her usual character. Dat hairstyle too.

The more dramatic part would be the student council as I think they're going to have to fight for it next time in order to keep their president in staying. (that if she decides to change her decision)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Lol, they only just found out about their nicknames. And Riko learned delusion breaker, but didn't use it on the one of Sayo meeting her boyfriend, which even Riko liked. Riko was also very funny in her spoiler[girly attitude upsetting everyone, only shaken by Makio.]

And likely spoiler[racism]. Although I did see an interesting video a while back on YouTube that explained the whole spoiler[ganguro] thing, so maybe was not so bad?

Got to see how they convince teachers to let her stay, it is not like she does anything with her boyfriend.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
oh man, spoiler[dark tanned Maki] was hilarious. this issue with the newspaper club seems so needlessly complicated
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
That's because... chicks, man.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Sayo's character is more interesting now that we know she would usually be pretty friendless and she likely cares quite a bit for the others, even if spoiler[not as much as the teachers think].

I also heared Arai Satomi, which I would have thought I would have noticed before now, she has one of those voices that makes me happy when I hear it. Also somewhat funny for her to be voicing the advisor of a newspaper club at a predominantly all girls school in an anime about the student council.

Next episode looks like something to look forward to, I am reminded of the anticipation of the siblings in Yuru Yuri making apppearances.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10
Out of all those stories this episode, I enjoyed Sayo's the most honestly. I mean, the way she can defend herself against people talking trash to her....

The episode felt kinda dull to me though, somewhat a bit of shift from the love lab experiments. Oh and Maki shines more than that Shining Girl from Dog & Scissors imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Suzu's family is adorable. The banter between the brother and sister using business terms was hilarious.

Definitely looking forward to next episode though, as I love the awkward interaction between the opposite sex the most from the manga.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

A bunch of short stories about characters that had not shown up or whose characteristics can be sidelined. You could probably consider it a type of fanservice, not of the sexy kind but of what the audience had been waiting for.

Sayo being turned the playful was cute, I kind of saw that she would have spoiler[her picture taken]. And a closer look at the cause of her money loving personality. Suzu was also very adorable.

Now to move on.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Wait Maki's spoiler[older sister also attends their school?]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's a Girls Academy that has the Japanese equivalent of K-12 there. Pretty sure the flashback we got from Sayo and Eno was also at Fujisaki Girls Academy (though Sayo had to leave it and transfer to a public school for a bit due to family situations which is where she met her boyfriend).

Anyway, great episode. Maki's operations to show off her hair had me in stitches and the Maki/Yan and Riko/Nagi interactions were gold as always.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Yeah, it's a Girls Academy that has the Japanese equivalent of K-12 there. Pretty sure the flashback we got from Sayo and Eno was also at Fujisaki Girls Academy (though Sayo had to leave it and transfer to a public school for a bit due to family situations which is where she met her boyfriend).

Anyway, great episode. Maki's operations to show off her hair had me in stitches and the Maki/Yan and Riko/Nagi interactions were gold as always.

Wow I always thought it was just an all girl middle school... How come we never see the younger/older students? Or are the schools separate because I can swear I remember seeing the subs saying they were 1st/2nd years.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
The schools are separate from each other but still on the same campus. The '1st year/2nd year' notation is just how Japan denotes students. (Year 1 Class A, Year 2 Class B, etc) just means they're in they're in the 1st/2nd year of elementary/middle/highschool in their respective class. They don't step up from K-12 like here in the west. It's year 1-6 of elementary, year 1-3 of middle school, and year 1-3 of high school.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

So they are now spoiler[sending Maki to cram school because her sister realized that Maki was getting some weird ideas about guys], which is probably true. It looked like her father might also see it now that words popped up saying that he now understands.

I feel happy every time I hear the girls go "kyaaa" over something.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 11
LOL, Maki sure takes a lot of the things the wrong way. I expect this episode's events will continue on towards the next episode as well judging on that preview.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5