• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quote
If anything, it's disappointing how tame and by nature, basically non-existent loli fanservice is in the series.
As expected of the industry, while they're doing their borderline hentais with big breasted women everywhere.
And really, that's the only thing going for this, because everything else is just a weak copy of TM stuff, with an unpopular girl (of course TM fandom wouldn't like a loli too much). That explains the low sales compared to every other TM adaptation.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
In all of my life I can't recall my mother ever being remotely interested in my or my sister's boobs "development", forget about wanting to check it out "physically".

I'd say about 90% fanservice, 10% actual stuff. We're talking about a completely different culture here. While not the norm, mothers have been reported to help their kids with sexual frustrations to make school life "easier" and parents writing books for kids on how to be better in bed because they want their sons to be slayers on their first night with a girl.

I have japanese in-laws and while I'm sure nothing like this has happened I have noted several times when she's said things like "do this because you want long legs, don't you?" "Do that because you want a firm tummy, don't you?" with a thousand and one folk remedies and stuff said to help in those areas.

This episode clearly employed it for fanservice but I don't doubt for a second that it doesn't happen in real life. Many countries don't have the sexual taboos the USA does. I can picture it being a little mind-blowing to them but fact is, the world is a big place where right and wrong on 99% of all topics are completely up to that culture.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I have no opinion one way or another with bath time spoiler[with mom], but the rest of the episode was fantastic. I'm not sure I've ever heard Miyu Matsuki sound so panicked/distressed/scared in a role before, so that was interesting
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If anything, it's disappointing how tame and by nature, basically non-existent loli fanservice is in the series.

Probably because the first arc of the manga is pretty much as tame as what ended up in the anime.
All the loli fan service you are asking for starts in the second arc (and you already pre-emptively complained in the thread about the second season).

Back to the series, spoiler[Putting in a fantasy Shirou dream sequence felt ham fisted because... it wasn't in the original manga, but it isn't so out of place in the Fate multiverse concept so whatever]
The first season ran pretty much on pace with how the manga worked, so I am satisfied and anyone that enjoyed the series up to the end probably will be satisfied as well spoiler[ something that IS a nice addition is the stinger with Bazett boarding a plane to Japan, this will make little sense other than a sharp dressed woman is going to Japan, but it is a nice opening to the second season already anounced]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10/Finale
I enjoyed this show and rated it as good. Honestly, I already had my expectations before watching this but now I am glad that I gave it at a shot.

The highlight of this season would be the fight between Saber Alter in the mid half. Episode 6 was my favorite with the OST and action. I thought the finale's fight was okay but not as well presented although I liked the fact spoiler[that the OP song was played during the fight. Well, if anything, they did capture all the cards now. LOL @ Rin though....at that phone call.]

So, spoiler[Illya and Miyu are best of friends now huh. That's nice I guess. Oh and was that a morning kiss I spotted in this finale? Shocked]

Anyways, I am looking forward to season 2 that was announced earlier. (it didn't air this during the pre-air for some reason). Also, I'm curious who that person after the credits in this finale. Like Eru Chitanda would say, I'm curious!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
(and you already pre-emptively complained in the thread about the second season).

That's just because I know they won't air it on TV.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
fun show, I really liked it. Definitely looking forward to season two. Rating this Excellent
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
It turned out to be an okay series. The Saber Alter fight really was the high point IMO. I was very unimpressed with the final battle and the extremely drug-out ending. If this is directly as the manga is then I'd like s2 to deviate some, if just to use the time better. I also want to see installs of the other servants. But this is all stuff I think I said before.

I know OF Bazett but I have no clue what her deal is so I'm looking forward to s2 and all that it brings.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't a FSN fan AND a magical girl fan (so people who've likely seen it already anyway) but for those people I'd think it's rated above average.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Really? Because I actually think that this would be a pretty good gateway title into the franchise. There's really only one point in the series where I'd say it's very important to be familiar with the previous content, and that's when spoiler[Illya goes into Archer mode].

Last edited by Key on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Really? Because I actually think that this would be a pretty good gateway titles into the franchise. There's really only one point in the series where I'd say it's very important to be familiar with the previous content, and that's when spoiler[Illya goes into Archer mode].

For the most time efficient "backstory watch", it would probably be the Unlimited Blade Works film (though I personally wasn't too big a fan of said movie), spoiler[the point being that the viewer learns who "Archer" is as well knowledge to how some of the cast "normally" acts.]

But if one wants to media binge, one might as well toss in Fate/Zero to learn mama Irisviel's Backstory spoiler[and why this incarnation of the multiverse is in fact very precious to her and her daughter Illya]
Beized

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
I know OF Bazett but I have no clue what her deal is so I'm looking forward to s2 and all that it brings.

Her role in Fate/stay night is pretty obscure since she doesn't actually appear in it, but spoiler[she's the master that originally summoned Lancer before Kotomine killed her and stole him. Which is also the reason why Lancer is not terribly fond of Kotomine.]

Haven't actually read the manga, but it should be fun when she and spoiler[Gilgamesh] show up.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching it into my dive into this whole mahou shojo genre. I also had already watched the vastly superior Fate/Zero and I though this was a fairly good series, very entertaining it not exactly substantial. I also liked how they played around with some of the tropes used in seinen magical girl shows such as Nanoha and Madoka.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma 2wei! episode 1:
Not bad for the first start although I thought it was kinda underwhelming. We get most of the girls reintroduced along in the typical way. Good to know that spoiler[Illya and Miyu are still good friends of course.]

We get a dose of magic and a spoiler[new character]. This should be fun.

Oh and just like the first season, this is 10 episodes....:/
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or has the yuri dial been turned up a tad? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Be interesting to see what sort of character spoiler[Illya 2] is.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Is it just me or has the yuri dial been turned up a tad? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Be interesting to see what sort of character spoiler[Illya 2] is.

spoiler[Kuro, her name is Kuro.]
If Heinze comes back he will come out and shout how the yuri tone is not the same level as the Manga (which it currently isn't).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10