• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Ya know, if someone was trying to kill me for no other reason than they wanted to, I wouldn't give a damn about their feelings either.

And good on Miyu for not being convinced by Kuro's BS.

Agreed on both points. Why was Ruby spoiler[trying make Illya feel bad for not wanting her around]. It's not like Kuro explicitly stated that her intentions are to coexist.

I've accepted that this season has no real plot that it is working to resolve. It's mostly fanservice and ecchi but I'm still enjoying it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Ya know, if someone was trying to kill me for no other reason than they wanted to, I wouldn't give a damn about their feelings either.

And good on Miyu for not being convinced by Kuro's BS.

Couldn't agree more. That has been annoying me this entire arc.

Let’s just forget that Kuro tried to kill her just cause she wanted to. Let’s just forget that she has been mucking up Illya’s normal life on her own whims. Let’s just forget she continues to hide secrets from everyone but claims she wants to do nothing but live a normal life. Clearly Illya is the douchebag here for not attempting to look past it! (facepalm)

Plus this whole misunderstanding business isn’t to my liking either. Apparently Miyu was the only one to obviously use her brain and didn’t assume Illya ment that everyone who has invaded her life should disappear when she said she just wanted to live a normal life. She just wants to live a happy, battle free life with all of them. That’s all. I can understand how Kuro would misunderstand this but I was about to roll my eyes if Miyu didn’t understand what she truly felt. Again Kuro hasn’t been acting properly for someone who deserves pity. Yet the show keeps making it seem like Illya is in the wrong for having angst against her. It's pretty stupid.

It will be really annoying if Illya is the only person to admit her faults next episode.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, the show should have stayed far away from crappy melodrama. "You don't understand how I feel..." Well no shit Kuro, of course we don't. Despite Illya asking you about a thousand times why you were trying to kill her you never bothered to answer her, so how the f!@# was she supposed to know? Or the audience for that matter.

I think the fundamental problem with the story thus far is that Kuro has done NOTHING to earn Illya's compassion. I said in my last post, all Kuro has been trying to do is to kill Illya and then ruin her life, so why should Illya feel guilty about saying she doesn't want Kuro around? It just boggles my mind.

Anyway, the whole thing with Kuro's issue has wrapped up and we're only halfway through the season, so it will be interesting to see where the story goes from here. A comedic filler episode with cooking, apparently. Already guaranteed to be way better than the dreck we got this episode, I can tell you that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to feel glad I dropped this 2 weeks ago. I don't think I've missed anything.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm liking it and I'm glad I stuck with it. Sure, it was frustrating not to know what Kuro's deal was, but now that I know, I can understand why she didn't say anything earlier. In fact, although it isn't 100% clear, I get the sense that even Kuro didn't understand the full deal until the bath. Now, Illya has spoiler[a cute little onee-chan.] It's all good!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Finally, I think spoiler[Kuro made peace with the others. The show is over half way mark now. I didn't think the fight was good as the episode 6 from season 1 though but it made its point.]

We'll probably get a fun episode next time. I wonder how many kisses Kuro will kiss...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Tbh, I was cheering for Kuro to win that spoiler[cooking contest.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
damn, this just got a whole lot better. Auguste was pretty awesome, and put a up a good fight. this episode has definitely renewed my interest in the show, and I'm looking forward to next week
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
The series really did get dragged down with so much emphasis on Illya's normal life, but I'm definitely looking forward to how Illya and Miyu work together with Kuro.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
The series really did get dragged down with so much emphasis on Illya's normal life, but I'm definitely looking forward to how Illya and Miyu work together with Kuro.

It is the "thing that they fight for", it might be dime a dozen slice of life set up (with magically enhanced characters) but there is a point for having such scenes around.

If the anime ever gets to adapt Drei the "normal days" will be even more precious to the characters.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I understand why they're there, I just don't like how the pacing plays out: we start off with a bang, then slow waaayyy down.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I understand why they're there, I just don't like how the pacing plays out: we start off with a bang, then slow waaayyy down.

Darn, I actually prefer the slice of life to action but I guess I'm part of minority. For the most part, it's pretty faithful to original manga so I feel it was doing a commendable job with the adaptation.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

The show really picked up business recently. spoiler[Bazett is pretty OP so far not that I am surprised considering she is the predecessor of Illya/Kuro before they started hunting the cards.]

I like spoiler[Miyu's battle outfit this episode as well. However, I predict that she is in serious trouble because of Bazett's experience and that attack she is preparing at the end there that seems to be a counter to Miyu's own attack.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Miyu should pay more attention in the future if spoiler[she decides to use those powers. That was a close one tbh. Anyways, the fight was alright and imo, they won since Kuro herself count as a card so the score would be (4-3). Well, there is an 8th card to be revealed soon....]

And speaking of which, season 3 has been confirmed!

Overall a fun show. Some of the first half dragged a bit and the comedy felt flat. The action and relationship bonding made it up though so I'll rate this as good.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Just caught up with this series and I actually rated it as excellent.

Possibly the most interesting thing about the whole deal is how they managed to make grade-school girls into superheros and not make it look completely stupid. I know its a magical-girl thing but Illya does seem to have a serious side and the animation keeps making you forget that you are supposed to be looking at 11 year olds. All the girls seem to be working at way beyond their age group in terms of emotional resolve. But hey it's anime.

I'm glad to see they didn't go further with the fan service than they did although if they desteamed it I wouldn't have any problems with that. And I was amused at Kuro's method of recharging mana and they could have shown more of that but didn't, particularly a session with Kuro and Illya which never appeared.

And who can't have fun watching Rin and Luvia. Of course they each see their their late-stage comity as a sham but when it comes down to it they do really support each other. I would watch the next season just to see if they ever manage a real kiss and make up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10