• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
3rei has so far continued to be a superb adaptation of the source material, at this point as a viewer you probably were already on board or thought the "blatant loli-bait kissing" was too much of a turn off regardless of the quality of the action scenes.

Last edited by FenixFiesta on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quote
I liked some of Illya's battle outfits especially the Saber one.

Lol, and as I kinda expected, we got yuri kiss thanks to Kuro again. I remember the first time seeing it as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:53 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I always thought it was a bit peevish for Rin and Illya to leave that curse on Kuro.

I got the impression from somewhere that Kuro wanted to keep it. She was always capable of easily removing it herself (I faintly remember a line like that somewhere), I think. I mean she did just remove it unless she somehow just hid it. Maybe I'm wrong.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I got the impression from somewhere that Kuro wanted to keep it. She was always capable of easily removing it herself (I faintly remember a line like that somewhere), I think. I mean she did just remove it unless she somehow just hid it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, she could've. Gave her an excuse to hang around and an actual connection to Ilya though, so she never did.

Really nice episode, didn't notice many animation hick ups like there have been in the first three episodes, which is great because this is a showcase of the Heroes' battles. Lancer Ilya is still my favorite, wish it'd be used more.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Hmm onsen episode. This was a lot of fun to watch especially with Kuro being overexcited about it.

I think the episode was overall okay even with the censorship. It's a breather after all the drama and Miyu recuse attempts. Even Bazett joins the fun with the other girls. Happy to see Erika's presence this episode. Pacing should pick up more from here with saving Miyu again.

The trap though...Illya and the others should of been more careful. The real battle begins next week so it'll be interesting to see how it goes down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
We had a couple of breather episodes so now it's time to get back to the action. With the head of the Ainsomething family spearheading the attack, I'm expecting to see what Tanaka is really capable of. The back and forths between Tanaka and Erica were amusing and I like how Ilya reacts to being called "onee-chan".
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Darius is quite OP for a character with those mysterious Noble Phantasms.

Well this week's episode was interesting. Tanaka got even more mysterious while Erika shows what I would call a slightly twisted side of hers. I think she genuinely feels lonely so she wants Miyu by her side but Miyu responds that she also misses Illya. So yeah...based on that conversation and what Erika said to Illya herself, I think Erika revealed a slightly twisted side of hers behind that innocent face.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quote
Latest episode this week (3rei!)

Lol I find this episode funny. Illya got turned into a stuffed animal by Erika! Apparently she can still control her body to a new body somewhat. Erika's original plan was to brainwash her but that didn't work out.

Also really funny to see Beatrice's cute side. Glad to see Rin and Luvia this episode too in maid outfits! Got some good laughs from this episode.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Also really funny to see Beatrice's cute side.

"Cute" is not the word I'd use. Who is Julian though?
Key

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
I don't think it's a character who has been introduced yet. An idol for that world, probably.

And yeah, Illya being turned into a stuffed animal was rather amusing and a good relief from the edgy stuff concerning Miyu last episode. Somehow it seems fitting for this franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
Julian spoiler[has been shown in a previous episode, but not properly introduced]

The irony of Ilya being put in another body to be someone's plaything should be obvious to anyone who played through the Fate route.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

There were some pretty good action scenes in there. Though I'm wondering what happened in that scene where Illya took back her own body. She was supposed to feel intense pain or die or something nasty was supposed to happen when her stuffed toy body was shredded to pieces. Instead nothing really happened to her. Maybe she'll feel those effects later? Or did she just tough it out?

The whole explanation about the displacement magic went over my head. I don't get how some kind of exchange magic allows you to have some kind of portal magic. "I only displaced a portion of the spatial connections." Yeah I could stare that all day and still wouldn't make much sense to me. But Typemoon magic and Nasuverse and all that have always been confusing to me so no biggie.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The whole explanation about the displacement magic went over my head. I don't get how some kind of exchange magic allows you to have some kind of portal magic.

It is the concept of "everyone else in the multiverse overlooked this form of magic, that is why this phenomena hasn't happened before".
Any other practicing magician simply thought matter displacement at most could be used as a parlor trick even with effort put into it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Illya mentioned "displacement of water" which I understand, I think? But I don't understand how that is related to the displacement magic. Like you move something and something else moves in return? I think my head will explode trying to understand all that rocket science.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
The most I can think of for the "displacement of water" line is that water maintains its bond around the displacing object or maybe the rising water level.

I am interested in how they switch everything up on them: either Miyu dies or the world does. The tone so far doesn't seem to indicate they'll find a way out of the sacrifice, but there's the fact that Illya was born as the Holy Grail of her world. Unless there's some incompatibility issue, she'd readily take Miyu's place; if she does, though, how does that affect Kuro? She was actively trying to kill Illya in Zwei, but could her usage as the Grail impact her? And what if she's the Grail instead of Illya?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10