• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
s1ep1 -

The ep was pretty mediocre but I was actually expecting that based on the first season. I figure they'll take their sweet ole time with this season too and what is 10 could likely easily be 5. Considering how much awesomeness they sprinkled here and there last season, I'll stick with this one to see what they do with it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! episode 2:

Wow, that spoiler[kiss was very long huh? And tbh after that, I don't blame Miyu for being unable to fight] anymore lol.

It was an alright episode. I liked the opening sequences and the humor of it. I can't believespoiler[ Kuro fell to that trap either but I guess that means she's not invulnerable. Also, I think they played a remix of the archer OST from season 1. I thought that was kinda neat.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode one catches the audience up if they were foggy with the series, and ep 2 gives the audience what they had been looking forward to.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:50 am Reply with quote
Meh I prefer my yuri to be consensual. The dark side of me still liked the spoiler[kiss] but it still really bothered me how much the anime rose the "ecchi" level of the scene.

It felt a lot more rapey than it did in the source materialspoiler[ (originally the kiss was only one page and there was nothing really sexual about it). Yeah I know why the kiss was done but I think there is a difference between doing something that's justified and doing something that's justified so that makes you feel like you can get away with taking things further than necessary.] In the long run i was kind of uncomfortable with it because the anime is trying to say "spoiler[OMG HAWT YURI KISS"] but that doesn't change that it was spoiler[heavily forced] and the extending the scene was in rather bad tastes.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:59 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

First off, Miyu liked the kiss, however forced it was.
Secondly, the kiss scene was as lewd as it gets in manga, the anime just chose not to be a coward about that and actually brought to life in a manner it was originally intended to be.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
That statement doesn't make sense. Just because someone ends up liking something does not mean the initial action is justified. That's like people who argue it isn't rape if the girl gets SS and starts to like it later. She was struggling the entire time so I don't see how there is anything consensual about it.

Second I saw the page of the kiss in the manga and it was hardly lewd. It was mostly comedic. There were a few smooching sounds but they didn't drag it out.

The anime didn't make it comedic by extending it. They intentionally made it much more sexual to sell more BDs. It's a pretty common thing to do these days. Increase the fanservice but cut out the development of more important stuff Wink

Original intention? Pfff since when did studios care about that stuff? I've seen more shows butchered with crappy adaptations to believe such an absurd line could ever be true. Rolling Eyes
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
hmm, well, that was something. evil Rin and Luvia are the best
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Had to delete a few posts of escalating tension between a couple of users.

You guys are free to argue interpretations all you want, but the line is drawn at making unfounded generalizations about one another. So keep things civil, and don't resort to name-calling.

EDIT: Missed a word.

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Tony K. Personally, not having read the manga, I found the scene's comedy much improved by sheer length, stopping just before it became tedious.

Was there a reason they didn't use the class cards? Unless I missed something, they only lost the archer and we've already seen how much more powerful they are when they install one, so why didn't they?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I thought they said they'd lost them?

I'm honestly considering dropping the series. I loved the first season, even if the yuri overtones got a bit too much at times, but this season is just ridiculous. I found the kiss in this episode far too close to implying "PG-rated" rape. I enjoy the characters, the setting, and the story, but if they don't tone down the uncomfortable yuri, it's being removed from my queue.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
hmm, well, that was something. evil Rin and Luvia are the best

True dat. Although I have some love for School Nurse, too: spoiler["If you're going to puke at least puke up an organ."] Laughing

Yes, that was quite the kiss. Kuro Illya certainly is a feisty little minx, for sure.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Remind me to pick Kuro to be on my spoiler[dodgeball team] next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh God the ED card.

I'm curious to see how well spoiler[Miyu will do in a one-on-one fight against Kuro.]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh God the ED card.

Yeah, that is an image that won't go away from my mind for a while lol.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:22 am Reply with quote
Ya know, if someone was trying to kill me for no other reason than they wanted to, I wouldn't give a damn about their feelings either.

And good on Miyu for not being convinced by Kuro's BS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10