• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monogatari Series Second Season (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Shinobu takes the spotlight of episode 18. She's my 2nd favorite character in the show so I'm glad she got a lot of screen time with her spoiler[story/past.]

Now, that was a lot of info to absorb. Great episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18

That was a good episode, I was rather fond of the artwork used here where it had an old Japanese feel. The whole story told that way managed to keep me pulled in. It is not something they should try to take advantage of too often, but done here it was right.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 18

That was a good episode, I was rather fond of the artwork used here where it had an old Japanese feel.

I had a similar impression this episode. The mixture of the artwork + dialogue made it quite entertaining.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
I really hated this episode.

In fact, besides for a few episodes, I really haven’t enjoyed much of Monogatari Second Season. I was hoping that after the third Madoka movie was released Shaft would put more effort into this show because this season has felt like the whole staff is just going through the motions and not really giving a ****.
Sad
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
So the current arc is taking place at the same time as the tiger arc, since he sent everyone a text that he is alright.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I like that Mayoi somehow spoiler[ended up with a leadership position]. Koyomi's lolicon tendencies are definitely being rewarded here.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 19
Wow, not only Shinobu but the other girls are getting the spotlights with Araragi-kun as well. I can't say I'm liking this arc as much as the others but it did give me some giggles. The visuals were still decent though.
NottJim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
The lolicon stuff is just getting out of hand this season.

I've always thought that it's been played for laughs before, but this season has had so much of it (this last episode in particular) that it's now in creepy paedophile territory.

Whatever happened to Araragi taking Senjōgahara on a date? Maybe we could do that instead please.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Ahaha, oh wow.
It has no lolicon material, it's actually very annoying how they sh*t on lolicon's head by not showing practically any worthy shot of them, whereas they show all the adult girls sexualized.
And this was supposed to be the loli arc? Oh god, more like anti-lolicon arc.
At this rate, I actually wouldn't mind if they did Senjougahara instead, even though she's the most bland girl, at least I wouldn't have false hopes for loli fanservice.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I am pretty sure Senjougahara will get the last arc, since everyone else got a 2nd arc and they took out the monkey arc. If it isn't her arc, they trolled us by listing her as a main character when she only appeared in like 3 episodes and we heard her voice in another one.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
But It's not like Suguru was skipped in the PV early on either. I'm leaning slightly to the last televised arc being Suguru Devil myself, I think it would be worse if they skipped that story than Senjougahara's at this time. If you skip Kanbaru's story that leaves a hole in the story that is hard to gloss over.

Senjougahara's story sounds like it could be a good season bridging OVA or special that sets up that "final showdown" with spoiler[Nadeko] and probably spoiler[Ougi Oshino].
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
But It's not like Suguru was skipped in the PV early on either. I'm leaning slightly to the last televised arc being Suguru Devil myself, I think it would be worse if they skipped that story than Senjougahara's at this time. If you skip Kanbaru's story that leaves a hole in the story that is hard to gloss over.

Senjougahara's story sounds like it could be a good season bridging OVA or special that sets up that "final showdown" with spoiler[Nadeko] and probably spoiler[Ougi Oshino].

Nope they are going to release that next year.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Missed that bit of news.
Wait... was the novel originally set after his graduation, or are they shifting the time for the anime? I guess taking out the one that's severely out of chronological order is a good thing. Although Nisiosin probably had a reason to put it in that position originally.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful episode. I don't just mean the dialogues but the second half of the series when spoiler[Mayoi kissed and said goodbye to Araragi-kun.]

spoiler[Maoyi: I loved you, Araragi.[/quote]]
;.;
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it's over.
It was cringe worthy to watch how SHAFT can actually go and make the loli arc without any sexual fanservice.
They really managed to pull it out nicely with their "CAN'T SHOW LOLIS THEY'RE WRONG" bullshit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 14