• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters Anime to Stream in N. America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
This is good news. I was actually concerned we might have another situation in which it would be restricted to Asia like Gundam Age. Regardless, I'm planning on checking it out. The only thing I do want to hope is the Streams are higher quality than their Gundam Seed HD simulcast... but I won't hold my breath.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
While this is cool and all, it does make me wonder... if Bandai had've been gone before AGE started, would we have gotten the AGE streams, too? Since Bandai always got first dibs on Gundam stuff, could they have been in negotiations for AGE, which is why it was blocked in the US?
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
Well damn, miracles do happen. I'll be watching this!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
But we won't ever get it on home video here ever, because Sunrise wants licensors to commit to releasing every Gundam series ever and no one will take the bait. Sad
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
If the Gundam Unicorn DVDs do well, Sunrise might just decide to release more Gundam shows that way through Rightstuf.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh snap, Mao is actually a girl?
That's really cool, was worried there'd only be the one.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Should not Sunrise have this series stream at Daisuki? I am staring to get the impression that, aside from Aniplex, the other partners do not seem to care much about Daisuki.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope the next Gundam series goes back to being a war drama. Not that I'm angry or bitter about this series, I just hope it doesn't become a norm to make AUs that are not Traditional Gundam.

I know it may not happen, but I would like for the next Traditional Gundam series' main character to be a girl. That would be something worth watching.

But anyway, I find it strange that Build Fighters is going to be the MAIN series and toy line this time, I'd expect something of this nature to be a side line like SD Gundam was while a more traditional one takes the spotlight.

I hope this series eventually introduces customized versions of Gundam and MS from 00, AGE and Turn A.

Last edited by the-antihero on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah.

sirdano1 wrote:
Oh snap, Mao is actually a girl?
That's really cool, was worried there'd only be the one.

Was going to say this too. At least it'll be nice to have another girl getting to "pilot" an actual Gundam out of this show, hopefully she'll have to team up with the leads eventually (especially since the one on the lead side is going to be using the bear).

halochief_90 wrote:
If the Gundam Unicorn DVDs do well, Sunrise might just decide to release more Gundam shows that way through Rightstuf.

I'd be really happy if they'll dub them like Unicorn through NYAV as well (also, with the bi-costal casting they should even have a huge pool of good VAs for the usually large Gundam casts).
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Her chest is "reserved"

Can someone explain?
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

I know it may not happen, but I would like for the next Traditional Gundam series' main character to be a girl. That would be something worth watching.

Not happening any time soon sadly.

I've been hoping for an Ecolé du Ciel adaption for years. If only so we can actually get some semblance of an ending. Asuna's pretty awesome and the Le Cygne is pretty amazing in the fact that it shares Gundam aesthetics but in itself, is not a Gundam. The shield for atmospheric re-entry/entry helps in the uniqueness.

And I'd disagree with hoping that hoping it returns to be bearing a 'drama.' I'd much prefer things like 00's movie where risks are actually taken but with actual polish and pacing. spoiler[ Y'know, Aliens (even though SEED did it first.)]
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's good to hear (though it would be even better if they allowed NA viewers access to their other region-locked titles at the same time). It's not like I was compelled to take "other actions" for GBF, either, so it's nice to have an option (and a legal one at that) that requires little effort or resources towards watching it. I don't have high hopes for it or anything, but who knows…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
I'd be really happy if they'll dub them like Unicorn through NYAV as well (also, with the bi-costal casting they should even have a huge pool of good VAs for the usually large Gundam casts).
Unfortunately, if Sunrise decides to release Gundam exclusively through RightStuf, I would say the chances of them dubbing one of them are almost zero.
mckg1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
nice! That was unexpected.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, at least this time they are offering it and not blocking it.

halochief_90 wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
Unfortunately, if Sunrise decides to release Gundam exclusively through RightStuf, I would say the chances of them dubbing one of them are almost zero.

Yeah. One of the others is probably going to have to take the plunge on picking up Gundam for it to happen.

Lynx Amali wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Not happening any time soon sadly.

I've been hoping for an Ecolé du Ciel adaption for years. If only so we can actually get some semblance of an ending. Asuna's pretty awesome and the Le Cygne is pretty amazing in the fact that it shares Gundam aesthetics but in itself, is not a Gundam. The shield for atmospheric re-entry/entry helps in the uniqueness.

And I'd disagree with hoping that hoping it returns to be bearing a 'drama.' I'd much prefer things like 00's movie where risks are actually taken but with actual polish and pacing. spoiler[ Y'know, Aliens (even though SEED did it first.)]

Yeah. While probably still unlikely, the best that probably can be hoped for would be something like the next 00, Wing style show taking a shot at a female Gundam pilot on the team.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 8 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2