• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hans Zimmer And Mark Mancina Do Blood+ Music

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what "musci" is, but I'm hoping it's as good as music! :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
And yet my lingering dread that this will be some slimmed down elementary schoolers' take on Blood is far from shaken. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm excited for the theme song, anyway. I really didn't care for the Blood movie at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I wasn't too impressed by "Blood: The Last Vampre" either but it looks like this movie might be worth checking out.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
And yet my lingering dread that this will be some slimmed down elementary schoolers' take on Blood is far from shaken. Sad

"elementary schoolers' take"? The original film was an unfinished story, 45 minutes of embarassing Engrish. Here's hoping this version is coherent and complete, rather that some failed experiment.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
movie? its a tv series, check the blood the last vampire manga, i enjoyed it tho it was short

marose too
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
"elementary schoolers' take"? The original film was an unfinished story, 45 minutes of embarassing Engrish. Here's hoping this version is coherent and complete, rather that some failed experiment.

The movie was also attached to a much larger story fleshed out in manga, video game, and I believe novel format, as well. There's plenty for them to adapt. However, based on what's been released regarding the story, and given that this series is going to fill a timeslot typically reserved for shows on the calibre of Gundam SEED (and rather blatantly mentioned by a couple SEED producers as "an elementary schoolers' slot"), I kinda get the feeling this'll be more Blood redone for the kiddos than the expansion upon a half-length movie many of us actually want.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
So does that mean it has a 6 or 7 PM timeslot? If so, isn't it also primetime?

They can always add scenes to the DVD version to increase its maturity rating.

Do you think that this will target the Western audiences more since they signed on those composers?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, I hope fans don't expect too much out of it. I mean this is going to be different from the movie that 'Production I.G' produced. The creator did comment on it stating that it was going to be a prequel and that the design for it was chosen for a reason. So he's hoping that fans will still enjoy it despite the differences. I mean it is a big step in series artwise. But I'm looking forward to seeing it to get an idea of the story.
Mad_Triad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
At least we can expect a top notch soundtrack, Hans Zimmer is a beast!

Not sure about Hitomi Takahashi performing the opening song though, I can't imagine a song like the one she did for Gundam Seed Destiny opening up a (hopefully dark) series like Blood. Of course she can sing something totally different but we've only heard just one song from her 'Bokutachi no Yukue' (and a couple if you've heard her single). I guess we'll have to wait and see what she produces.
Saito

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

I feel the same way also. I saw the characters on the website and they are drawn in a more mainstream style. Plus Hitomi singing the intro isn't a promising sign. But Production I.G. did make GTS, Jin-roh, and the Kill Bill segment, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll say one thing the music is good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1