• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanamonogatari to Be Separate From Rest of Monogatari 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote
Suruga Devil, eh?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 am Reply with quote
So an OVA series for Hanamonogatari after the TV series finishes?
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Not an OVA, since Hanamonogatari is another book written by the author, and is a part of the story.
hpulley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

Not an OVA, since Hanamonogatari is another book written by the author, and is a part of the story.
Yes, an OVA series which has nothing to do with it being an original story or not. It will not be part of the TV broadcast (which is what makes it an Original Video Animation) though I fully expect it will be broadcast as a special just like the OVA Nekomonogatari Black series was last New Year's Eve. I bet it will come out on 2 discs again as well, 4 episodes again.

So the 5 novels in the series will be 5-6 episodes each for 26 episodes plus 4 episodes for Hanamonogatari for a total of 30 episodes is my guess.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
so what is Hanamonogatari about?
hpulley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
so what is Hanamonogatari about?

Mild introductory sort of spoilers but still WARNING: SPOILERS FROM THE NOVELS SO ONLY CLICK IF YOU WANT TO KNOW:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/23751/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season/moreinfo
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
Little_Hawk wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

Yes, an OVA series which has nothing to do with it being an original story or not. It will not be part of the TV broadcast (which is what makes it an Original Video Animation) though I fully expect it will be broadcast as a special just like the OVA Nekomonogatari Black series was last New Year's Eve. I bet it will come out on 2 discs again as well, 4 episodes again.

So the 5 novels in the series will be 5-6 episodes each for 26 episodes plus 4 episodes for Hanamonogatari for a total of 30 episodes is my guess.

it will still air in TV with different title. it doesn't matter. it's just a name. What's an Original Video Animation? So you call it a different name, that's an Original Video Animation?

If they do not change the anime tile and just continue to air it ep 25, 26, 27. 28 will it still be an ova?
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
it will still air in TV with different title. it doesn't matter. it's just a name. What's an Original Video Animation? So you call it a different name, that's an Original Video Animation?

If they do not change the anime tile and just continue to air it ep 25, 26, 27. 28 will it still be an ova?

The point of the article is that it won't air as part of the two-cour TV broadcast. It may or may not still air on TV at some point, but it may be as a special like Nekomonogatari (Black). This doesn't change that it's still part of the Monogatari Series Second Season.

These days, there are very few "OVAs" that don't also have a preview airing on TV or via web stream in some form. But people still use this as a blanket term to mean "anything not part of the regular TV broadcast".
kazziyan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
That's fine. Nekomono (White) is being animated and that's all I wanted.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

OVA means it was not aired on TV first but is direct to DVD/BD. Technically Nekomonogariti:Black was not a OVA as it aired on TV first before disk release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1