• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gackt in Dirge of Cerebus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marenkimo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:23 am Reply with quote
hmm in final fantasy 10 they had the songs resung in english by sumone else even tho koda kumi wanted to sing it again in english herself.i dont know they just leave the songs in japanese!! they r origanal then. i mean i dont mind them in japanese. in ff x they had the japanese version at end on the credit role what was the point. i herd gackt could speak english enough to have a coversation but im not to sure about singing maybe he could do the english voice himself and sumone english do his song(or just leave it) then at least we can hear HIS voice! do u think they will have the song dvd to gackt in the english version of ffdc. i hope so we miss out on a lot.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:52 am Reply with quote
Marenkimo wrote:
do u think they will have the song dvd to gackt in the english version of ffdc.

The chances of that happening are about 0.00001%. But don't worry you'll be able to find the Japanese CD soundtrack to it online and Japanese CD's work on English CD players.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Marenkimo wrote:
hmm in final fantasy 10 they had the songs resung in english by sumone else even tho koda kumi wanted to sing it again in english herself.i don't know they just leave the songs in japanese!! they r origanal then. i mean i don't mind them in japanese. in ff x they had the japanese version at end on the credit role what was the point. i herd gackt could speak english enough to have a coversation but im not to sure about singing maybe he could do the english voice himself and sumone english do his song(or just leave it) then at least we can hear HIS voice! do u think they will have the song dvd to gackt in the english version of ffdc. i hope so we miss out on a lot.

1st off; please use proper grammer if you can so it doesn't take 10 minutes to figure out what you are saying.

2: The songs in FFx-2 are still original--just sung by a diffrent Japanese artist into English. The English single was released in Japan, thus authintic (original). Yes, there are some English Japanese songs--amazement, neh?

FF9 used the English version instead of the Japanese, as well; on the end of the OST was an English vocal of the title song--thus they used it.

2.5: With FFx-2 they were trying to draw in a new sort of audiance (not sure if it worked) and thus decided to use English songs, whilst in FFX, they left the original Japanese (because S-E was being outshown by all other companies who left in the Japanese music).

2.5.5: Besides...the music in FFX-2 had a position--as in part of game-play--the FFX music was bg music

3: FFX-2 was a bad sequel and tended to ruin my favorite characters. I mean...seriously... It was fun in a way, but no...I wouldn't play it again.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
2.5.5: Besides...the music in FFX-2 had a position--as in part of game-play--the FFX music was bg music

You should of used 2.3/4 or 2.7.5. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3