• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ufotable to Produce New Fate/stay night Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Make it 4+ cours and cover all routes. Even at a high per-episode budget, it'll earn its money back easily.
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
as much as i would like to see a remake of the original series. i'm also inclined to believe that it'll be heaven's feel
tcsavato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Pleaaaase be heaven's Feel. I've waited years for it. After their F/Z production, they've become one of my favorites and I know they can pull off Heaven's Feel better than any other studio. This is going to be great!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't know what to expect out of this. In terms of plot, Fate/stay night was just a generic boy meets girl and boss fight visual novel. The only thing it got going for it was its amazing concept, setting, and psychological portrayal of characters. I can only imagine that ufotable will stain their hands with dirt if they work on a project so generic. They made masterpieces with Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/zero because the tones of those series were so mature. If they are going to work on Fate/stay night, they are gonna have to cut all that ecchi and dating simulation crap.
tcsavato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
I honestly don't know what to expect out of this. In terms of plot, Fate/stay night was just a generic boy meets girl and boss fight visual novel. The only thing it got going for it was its amazing concept, setting, and psychological portrayal of characters. I can only imagine that ufotable will stain their hands with dirt if they work on a project so generic. They made masterpieces with Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/zero because the tones of those series were so mature. If they are going to work on Fate/stay night, they are gonna have to cut all that ecchi and dating simulation crap.

I question if you've ever even played F/SN... Outside of the sex, there's no ecchi and there's no dating besides 2 (1 each for the first two routes) which aren't even really "dates".

I mean, seriously, what the hell are you smoking?
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Lyrai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
i hope it's the jinchuu arc.
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
What happened to Girls' Work!?! I was really looking forward to that. I honestly would prefer a new original work, but I guess this is cool.
drdr48

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
kotelocl wrote:
I just watched Pacific Rim and now this... the best week I've had in years.

They should make a 3 cours series, with 13 episodes for the Fate route, 13 for Unlimited Blade Works and 13 for Heaven's Feel.

THIS!
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Lyrai wrote:
i hope it's the jinchuu arc.

~LoL~

...That would be awesome sauce though.

ufotable, make that your next project when you're done with all your Fate animating!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Eckilsax.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
*SKEET*SKEET*SKEET* FINALLY.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quote
tcsavato wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

I question if you've ever even played F/SN... Outside of the sex, there's no ecchi and there's no dating besides 2 (1 each for the first two routes) which aren't even really "dates".

I mean, seriously, what the hell are you smoking?

Look boy, I have played F/SN, and there were ecchi moments like how Shiro walks in on Saber totally nude when she was going to take a shower, and then Shiro totally flusters and apologize to Saber for doing it....those kinds of stuffs. My main concern is more on the comedy aspect of the game though. From what I have seen ufotable do with Kara no Kyoukai and F/Z, they rarely did anything resembling comedy. Not to say that they are incapable of doing comedy, but I would rather see them animate something that cuts the bullcrap and get straight to the main point and take itself very seriously, unlike the visual novel which was riddled with comedic moments.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
OMG Shocked That is amazing news! More Fate/stay is always good if you ask me. They can do whatever they want, I'll watch anything Fate related, but I would absolutely love it if they were going to do Fate/hollow simply because Caren is in that one.
GradationAir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
ufotable animating Fate/stay night?

bonus if all 3 routes are done but probably not happening.
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
When will we hear which one is it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5