• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Crispin Freeman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:26 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:32 am Reply with quote
GrantM1 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
GrantM1 wrote:
Like I said I don't have to, VA interviews tend to be the same.

That's all I want to say, I'd better go back trying to find voice/vocal training

spoiler[Hey ANN....why not interview me]
spoiler[They don't have to because your response will be the same too sadly.] Keep working on it. Rolling Eyes

spoiler[Actually I'd try to make mine slightly different]

Like I said before I'd better continue to try and get voice/vocal training and try to work for ADV and Funimation, because if I take too long my voice won't be able to handle any lead roles that involve teen/young adult characters (which are very common these days)
Listening and comprehension still remains some of your greatest handycaps. It's not fair on the rest here who don't realise your situation, and it's giving you a lot of grief. You have to think hard about what you want to say before you say it. Ask questions if you don't understand something, before you reply inapproriately. You really must try harder. Wink
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Crispin is the man. One of the best in the biz.

I agree with what he said of American animation. Not so much hate for the animated American movies (well, Disney have gotten bad lately), as Pixar makes some good stuff, but for these cartoons with no real point but to be another random cartoon (mostly congregated on Nickelodeon, sadly).

I remember Crispin best as Alan Gabriel from The Big O. Not the best role he's been given, of course, but that voice... I'll never forget that voice.

Anyone in this topic play Tales of Symphonia? Crispin plays Regal the convict, one of several interesting characters, and he's very good in the role, as usual.

On a final note, I'm an aspiring film/series writer and director. I'd love to cast Crispin in my work one day, should I become successful enough as a writer to warrant a film/series.

He is also a voice actor on the game soul calibur 3 ,I believe. I need to check the credits on it but it's sounds sooo much like him for the guy with the giant sword....can't think of his name at the moment..I'll get back to you if anyone watns to know if it's him on there...unless of course if someone else can immediately confirm this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:49 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
remember love wrote:
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Crispin is the man. One of the best in the biz.

I agree with what he said of American animation. Not so much hate for the animated American movies (well, Disney have gotten bad lately), as Pixar makes some good stuff, but for these cartoons with no real point but to be another random cartoon (mostly congregated on Nickelodeon, sadly).

I remember Crispin best as Alan Gabriel from The Big O. Not the best role he's been given, of course, but that voice... I'll never forget that voice.

Anyone in this topic play Tales of Symphonia? Crispin plays Regal the convict, one of several interesting characters, and he's very good in the role, as usual.

On a final note, I'm an aspiring film/series writer and director. I'd love to cast Crispin in my work one day, should I become successful enough as a writer to warrant a film/series.

He is also a voice actor on the game soul calibur 3 ,I believe. I need to check the credits on it but it's sounds sooo much like him for the guy with the giant sword....can't think of his name at the moment..I'll get back to you if anyone watns to know if it's him on there...unless of course if someone else can immediately confirm this.

Crispin playing my favorite character Nightmare/Siegfried? That sounds good. It sounds GREAT.

I just looked it up at IMDB, and Ted D'Agostino plays Nightmare in Soul Calibur TWO. The dub acting was pretty bad in SC2, so if they really changed it, then I'll be glad, even if I'm one of those poor bums that only has a GameCube; no PS2.

Nightmare has the biggest sword, so I assume you're talking about him. It's not wise to assume, but...

The name is siegfried that's it. I remember because I was making a joke about siegfried and froid. Could not get over it. But that's the character who has the voice that sounds exactly like Freeman. I was shocked when I heared but like I said I still need to check to make sure if it's actualy him or not or if it's just some guy who has a very very similar voice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:41 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Yes, Siegfried is the correct name for the character in SC3, though spoiler[Siegfried and Nightmare were once the same individual. Nightmare was Siegfried's evil side, brought out by the Soul Edge's evil power. When he won in SC2, he was able to force his Nightmare side off at last. However, Zasalamel has since revived Nightmare as its own entity. Thus, they are two separate identities now.] I wouldn't guess SC3 Nightmare having a voice, spoiler[ being a corporeal phantom type and all now, ] so if Crispin is voicing one of the two, it would probably just be Siegfried.

SC2 had voice actor credits that could be accessed without beating the game. I'm willing to bet SC3 does as well. Could anyone confirm? If the game even out yet?

The games out...I just need to stop by my brothers house and later on today and check it out. And when I was playing it nightmare did say something like I'll bring you into my nightmare or something like that but it doesn't sound like freeman; only seigfried's voice sounded like Freeman.
ananda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:17 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:

Yes; "Tales of Symphonia" is one of my favorite RPG's actually and Regal was a great character; maybe not the best battle wise but I liked the character and his background story the most.
I am hoping that he is going to have a part in the upcoming "Tales of Legendia" game as well; would be cool. Very Happy

Oh and about "Soul Calibur 3" sorry to say but the English VAs are NOT credited only the Japanese VAs are but yeah; he is voicing Seigfried, I'm sure of it.
Nani?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
The nice thing about this is that Crispin Freeman sounded like a pretty down to earth, decent person, the kind of person I'd love to sit down and have a beer with. Considering how rare that has been with my impressions of voice Actors (and I realise I'm not completely fair here) that's very cool.

He also has very good taste in favorite characters, which I share if you might notice.

All the best,

Nani?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I was just about to say the same thing about him. He seem like a real down to earth guy and isnt' full with himself or claim he's some kind of Otaku. A nice guy that know what he's doing, so all the best to him and his future project.
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm really very pleased he mentioned The Incredibles in the interview as that is probably my favorite American animated movie to date. It really broke the mold as far as I'm concerned, and is really a prime example of everything right with recent animated works (produced by America, at least).

Other than that, did he say he was good friends with Steven Blum?? That's awesome. They are both favorite VAs of mine, so it's really funny to imagine them being all chummy. Anime hyper
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
I was just about to say the same thing about him. He seem like a real down to earth guy and isnt' full with himself or claim he's some kind of Otaku. A nice guy that know what he's doing, so all the best to him and his future project.

What's wrong with voice actors that claim to be an Otaku? I think it's good the voice actors know the shows and are fans of the work they do and appreciate other peoples work as well.
hitoyou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
after reading up on "the GrantM saga" on various sites on the internet, including live journal drama... etc etc... banned form nearly every forom and community he joins, i have come to the conclusion that 'GrantM' is a fake online persona deliberately created to annoy people. Idea

no-one can be this stupid, and repeat the same pathetic comments over and over again, in the face of so much opposition, and not realize it.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
hitoyou wrote:
after reading up on "the GrantM saga" on various sites on the internet, including live journal drama... etc etc... banned form nearly every forom and community he joins, i have come to the conclusion that 'GrantM' is a fake online persona deliberately created to annoy people. Idea

no-one can be this stupid, and repeat the same pathetic comments over and over again, in the face of so much opposition, and not realize it.

Guess we have a detective on the case. So what else has he done. Specifically, what did he do to get banned from those forums?
ananda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
xanbcoo wrote:

Other than that, did he say he was good friends with Steven Blum?? That's awesome. They are both favorite VAs of mine, so it's really funny to imagine them being all chummy. Anime hyper

Yes, there are very good friends actually.
But not only that, they have the same Agent too;...what a lucky guy. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4