• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Crispin Freeman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote
ananda wrote:
xanbcoo wrote:

Other than that, did he say he was good friends with Steven Blum?? That's awesome. They are both favorite VAs of mine, so it's really funny to imagine them being all chummy. Anime hyper

Yes, there are very good friends actually.
But not only that, they have the same Agent too;...what a lucky guy. Wink

Steven Blum he's the voice actor for Spike on cowboy bebop is he not? (And other roles of course).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
Steven Blum he's the voice actor for Spike on cowboy bebop is he not? (And other roles of course).

Yes he is, but I believe he and Crispin became friends when Crispin was working on the second season of The Big O. (Steve was of course the English voice of Roger Smith, while Crispin was Alan Gabriel.)
Sethimothy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
hitoyou wrote:
after reading up on "the GrantM saga" on various sites on the internet, including live journal drama... etc etc... banned form nearly every forom and community he joins, i have come to the conclusion that 'GrantM' is a fake online persona deliberately created to annoy people. :idea:

no-one can be this stupid, and repeat the same pathetic comments over and over again, in the face of so much opposition, and not realize it.

GrantM is real.

I know this sounds exceedingly impossible, but he is. I don't trust the internet, but I trust my friends... one of which actually goes to the same college as he does.

Anyways Grant, not to rain on your parade too much spoiler[ like I do here: http://www.sethimothy.net/music/grantm_pwn.wav ] but this voice actor isn't competition. Despite what you might imagine, voice actors do not go ballistic and attack each other for roles, let alone attack people from Europe that are potential voice actors.

Or, to put it into perspective utilizing the manic world you've created - Mr. Freeman is so out of your league.

Now apologize for this ding. NOW.
KinFreon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Sethimothy wrote:
GrantM is real.

Sadly, he is. Who know peeps such as him existed?

Quote:
I know this sounds exceedingly impossible, but he is. I don't trust the internet, but I trust my friends... one of which actually goes to the same college as he does.

Poor fella. I can imagine the pain.

Quote:
Anyways Grant, not to rain on your parade too much spoiler[ like I do here: http://www.sethimothy.net/music/grantm_pwn.wav ] but this voice actor isn't competition. Despite what you might imagine, voice actors do not go ballistic and attack each other for roles, let alone attack people from Europe that are potential voice actors.

Or, to put it into perspective utilizing the manic world you've created - Mr. Freeman is so out of your league.

Now apologize for this ding. NOW.

That all ruled, Sethimothy. Nonetheless, I sincerely hope he cuts these shenanigans and does something constructive with his life.

(Then again, if he continued with this drama, we wouldn't have so much material.)

That said, Crispin Freeman is quite accomplished. There are many people who want to be in his shoes...the roles, the cons, the parties, the babes, what not. The guy's a star, in his own right. Then again...there are more who would rather not care and enjoy the man's work. We're all just working stiffs; nothing special.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Wikipedia used to have an article on Grant, but someone erased it. I wonder who. Wink
Albright

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Don't get all conspiratorial... GrantM, besides being a laugh riot, isn't really notable enough for an encyclopedia entry and probably never will. That's why an article about him would have been deleted. Believe it or not, you can't make a Wikipedia article about just anything.

That being said, he still has an Encyclopedia Dramatica entry.
packrat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quote
Grant if you really want ANN to interview you, your best bet is to put on hot pants and a tube top and shake your hairy ass outside a huge con for a few years. Worked for Man-Faye.
LordRobin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:02 am Reply with quote
I see GrantM has deigned to grace this forum with his presence. I had to wonder how long it would take. My wife (Anne Packrat) had been giving me updates on his carrying-on on the "F-----g Otaku" forum, one of the few from which he hasn't yet been banned.

Folks, I'm begging you. Please don't waste your time arguing with this guy. There is absolutely nothing you can say to him that hasn't been said already, a hundred times. It doesn't register. In Grant's mind, he is destined to be a Great Voice Actor, and everything follows from that.

If anything, the attention he gets from this constant trolling (although he doesn't see it as such) feeds his delusion that he is Important. The longer this continues the harder the crash is going to be when he's finally forced to face the fact that his fantasy voice-acting career isn't going to happen.

That crash won't be pretty. Narcissists are incapable of seeing fault in themselves, so he'll blame somebody else. I just pray he isn't violent.

------RM
LordRobin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
Oh, and Crispin Freeman is a god. I didn't realize just how ****ing good he was at first, due to some of his earlier roles being in subpar projects (like Shamanic Princess). He has an amazing range. I never would have pegged him as Shannon in Scrapped Princess, because so many of his well-known roles are of the "dark and mysterious" variety, but he really made the character live. He's, like, the Olivier of the American anime industry...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quote
Grant has confessed at a UK site that he suffers from the autistic condition called Asperger so we mustn't be too harsh on him as he apparently can't help it. But it would have been better if he had mentioned this here as well as elsewhere, he might not have recieved the ammount of grief that he has. It's hard on the internet to tell if someone has a disability, or is just being a royal tw@. Rolling Eyes
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:28 am Reply with quote
Actually, he has claimed on EVERY SINGLE SITE HE VISITS to have Asberger's.

However, getting to know him better (gag) it's revealed that the claims to have been diagnosed about 6 years before Asberger's was recognised, in 1994.

Moreso, on his original LJ, he wrote about reading about Asberger's and thinking that he was a sufferer. This then became "I have Asberger's, and I was diagnosed when I was 3."

Doing a little research, and taking cues from other information sources, I would say that Grant is suffering more acutely from Narcissistic Personality Disorder than any form of high-functioning Autistic syndrome.

He fits all 9 of the diagnostic indicators, whereby you only need 5 to be considered as a sufferer!

On the whole, though, having met Grant in person several times... I don't even know if he craves the attention.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:19 am Reply with quote
I think we should stop talking about him all together. And I diffenetly think we should stop talk about these disorders before people start thinking they actually might have soome these. (I've seen it happen in other forums where people start going nuts and saying every symptom they ever had).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4