• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Interests BESIDES Anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
What are your interests besides anime? It's quite healthy to have a plethora of interests. Right? Wink Very Happy

For example, I pay attention to sports (NFL, World Cup Soccer, the Olympics, etc.). I look into current events and world history. The sciences are quite interesting as well. Throw in some video games - I still play Starcraft (on and off); and I plan to get a Wii within the next few months. I DDR rather often - about once a week. I spend quite a bit of time with the forums sprouting words here and there. Plus, I look at 4chan from time to time - although it gets mind-numbing with its retardation. Laughing

On top of it all, I like cats! Yay for Caturday. Twisted Evil

[EDIT: Came to an agreement with KyuuA4 and merged his other post. -TK]
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
What are your interests besides anime? It's quite healthy to have a plethora of interests. Right? Wink Very Happy

My other intrests are playing Paintball, reading sci fi books, geology, atmospheric science and manga.

Last edited by NeonGEvangelion on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sky~2~High

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Something besides anime huh? I am a workout freak and I do love boxing...So besides anime and workingout...Uh school lol Anime smile Thats about it really
jager Zaku warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:

does renai games count,what about drawing doujin
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Mmm... My hobbies...

-Writing: Well, it's mostly fanfics, but I still enjoy it Razz.
-Drawing: Supposedly manga-style (I stink, I know), but I always do that when I'm too bored.
-Browsing the Net: Why else would I be here? Anime hyper... besides, it's the only place where I can find things about my fave series.
-Reading: I began when I was 3, and there's no stoppingme now. Fave book? 'Salem's Lot.
-Soccer (watching it or hearing it on the radio): I've always been in love with this sport... I go literally crazy with watching a game (especially my team, the Junior de Barranquilla)
-RPing (I own an RP forum): Got into it a year ago, and it's quite good for improving fanfic skills... A shame there are so few people in my place...
-Playing some videogames: Not much into it, but I like to play Guilty Gear X Advance Razz.
-Listening/playing/writing music: Not only a hobby...It's part of my university career... I play guitar since I was 12, have to play the piano (though I don't like it) and I'm currently studying viola.
-Cats (I like cats... I have two n__n)

My mom says I have too many hobbies Razz

Last edited by TestamentSaki on Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Well I love soccer (playing and watching it) I also weight lift and I actually got into kendo (well I got into kendo when I was younger). I like video games (shooters like Gears of war, Black, all the Halo's out currently and fighting games mostly Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 4 I also like Dynasty warriors which I think falls under fighting.). I like to go to shooting ranges with my dad and mess around with some old WWII guns that my dad acuired from his father who purchesed them at a auction. Thats about it really. Very Happy
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
ok manga doesnt count but does DRAWING manga count?

well...i listen to music...japanese music...and amercian rock!

i like to watch asian dramas like my lovely samsoon, Mars and whatever else AZN channel shows.

i like shopping for clothes preferably punk or raver stuff. or shopping for....opps no anime right? lol

studying animation since im a animation major and doing graphics for fun too.

dieting because im too large and in charge! making fun of my fire emblems addicted friends and VIDEO GAMEs! im a big gamer over all that stuff. 1st person shooters, rpg, fighters, music, puzzles, mulitplayers. (gears of war, fable and loco roco are on my faves right now!)

NeonGEvangelion wrote:
KyuuA4 wrote:

My other intrests are playing Paintball, reading sci fi books, geology, atmospheric science and manga.

paintball is a occasional love. they're not many girls that like it but hey the sting goes away after a min anyway. i just hate being the last on my team still in the game....
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
My interest beside animes are; Hockey, well actually, I rarely watch game if there's no Canadian team playing. Writing and reading, especially fantasy (Guy Gavriel Kay's books come to mind). History. Music in general (my favorite bands are Queen, Rush, Rhapsody, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Opeth and Gorillaz). I watch a lot of tv series and movies. And I also play video games, especially RTS and RPG.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quote
My other intrests than watching anime are watching American cartoons, listen to music (Hip-Hop, R&B, Rapcore, Pop, etc.), playing video games, collecting toys, and go to movies.

Oh yeah, and sports like Basketball, Football, and fantasy sports. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Asako

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could remember what hobbies were. Very Happy working retail sucks!

Work and work.. more work...

Video games would definitely be up there. WoW and many different rpgs.

Cross-stiching, computers, cooking, reading, catching a movie, and resin models Smile
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
FOOTBALL! (American football for clarification purposes) but I don't get to see as much as I used to because we don't have a TV where I work...cheap bastards!

I also enjoy reading alot. I lean towards Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels but close behind are Romance ones as well. I have certain favorite authors that I will pretty much buy anything that they write (paperback releases only, hardcovers I get from the library): Scif-Fi/Fantasy: Mercedes Lacky, David Weber, Lois McMaster Bujold. Romance - Nora Roberts, Christine Feehan, Sharon Sala and one of my newest, J.R. Ward.

I don't buy as much music as I used to 1) Most of my money goes toward anime and manga. Very Happy 2) My musical tastes have changed. I don't listen to Top 40 radio much any more, mostly Adult Contempory and Country. Those I can tolerate. (Current favorite that puts me in tears everytime - Alyssa Lies - Jason Michael Carroll) But, I just can't bring myself to spend money on a CD that I only like one song on. Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Other than that, I work to pay for my addiction!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Actually I am a big videogame fan, I have most of the systems and I play a wide range of games when I am not watching anime.

Other then that I am part of a group of film snobs, where once a week we get together to watch a TV show and a movie. Currently we are going through the Disney Vault (having just watch Sword in the stone) and also watching FX's Dirt.

As for Sports I actually like most sports other then watching Golf and Basketball, whereas I used to play Hockey as well as Soccer before blowing out my hip.

Outside of the world television I am snowboarder who can't wait to break into some fresh powder. I try to go once a week but I have been busy with work and school, and also I need to get chains for my car.

Into the literature world I love old classic "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Macbeth" being two stories that I could read over and over. As far as current reading, the Lindsey's book "Dexter" are something that I have just started after completing season one of showtime "Dexter".

Other then that I spend a lot of time reading textbooks for school and analyzing demographic information for Southern California Car sales. Oh yea I try to convert my girlfriend into an otaku with my leftover time...........just kidding.

Delta
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I am also a big video game player, and have gotten into PC games as well. I also like listening to music and collecting cards, mainly of Pokemon and Yugioh, though the only ones I collect these I try to limit to the older ones, there's simply too many new ones out there to try and collect all of them. Another thing I like is the same thing as LydiaDianne, watching football. I like to watch basketball and baseball also, but I think that football is really the sport to watch out of all the ones that we have. On a sidenote, I like to argue via pm with LydiaDianne about UCLA vs. USC Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
On a sidenote, I like to argue via pm with LydiaDianne about UCLA vs. USC Wink

Laughing Yes, and we both know who's better!

The Florida Gators! Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Laughing Yes, and we both know who's better!

The Florida Gators! Wink

Yes, and we both know who Florida has to thank for their National Championship! Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10