• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Any sources saying this is 12 episodes?

Well, the Countdown website only posts the amount of episodes shows are going to have when its been confirmed and so far they have never been wrong..
CannedJam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
They completely left her out. :/ I swear I saw her in the opening, though? I was all like "Oh! There she is getting her hand stepped on like it should-...Yoh!? But why!?"
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
CannedJam wrote:
They completely left her out. :/ I swear I saw her in the opening, though? I was all like "Oh! There she is getting her hand stepped on like it should-...Yoh!? But why!?"

Since you're not quoting anyone here and this doesn't seem to refer to the immediately previous post, could you, perhaps, edit this post to indicate which series and which character you're referring to?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
That's Deadman Wonderland episode 2 (comparison to the manga). It's still a bit to early to say that the anime is leaving characters out. Maybe they opted to remove said character from this specific episode because the length wouldn't be enough?

I contacted that Anime Countdown fella and he gave me this link:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/searchdiary?word=デッドマン・ワンダーランド
Dunno how reliable that is though, but he did mention that his source was something else, and that he had forgotten which.

Can't wait to make my vegetarian friend watch Toriko.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There is nothing this episode, especially not its Yu-Gi-Oh! battles and hideous supporting players, to ensure that we tune in to see its potential fulfilled.
I think a preposition like "in" is needed between "nothing" & "this episode".

I agree with the assessment the statement makes. So many shows this season with potential, but so little hope that any of them will fulfill it.
CannedJam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:18 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
CannedJam wrote:

Since you're not quoting anyone here and this doesn't seem to refer to the immediately previous post, could you, perhaps, edit this post to indicate which series and which character you're referring to?

Ah, sorry. Totally vague post, but it was an attempt not to spoil. I was referring to Deadman Wonderland. They seem to have completely written out one of my favourite characters.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Moshidora was pretty good. A shame it didn't air in time for the preview guide. I noticed there's a fresh seiyu voicing the blue haired chick (she sounded so much like Kana I just had to look it up), and turns out she is a member of that AK48 something.

... sounds like shoujo anime to me.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Moshidora was pretty good. A shame it didn't air in time for the preview guide. I noticed there's a fresh seiyu voicing the blue haired chick (she sounded so much like Kana I just had to look it up), and turns out she is a member of that AK48 something.

The main character of Moshidora is supposedly modeled after a member of AKB48... (correction: movie actress is a different member of AKB48) Confused

Last edited by HeeroTX on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 am Reply with quote
Natsumi Iwasaki, the author of the book Moshidora, on which the anime is based, was the assistant producer of AKB48 among a lot of other stuff. The movie of Moshidora will also star an AKB48 member.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
I just wanted to step into this thread, briefly and late in the game, and say:

As someone who is lately not into anime anywhere nearly as much as she is into everything else (manga, live dramas, figure collecting, birdwatching, paintdrying, crossword puzzles, etc.) anymore, can I just say, thank you ever so much to those of you in this thread (and elsewhere) who talked-up Tiger and Bunny. I totally would've passed this by if not for your comments. I've also got my friends hooked as well. *evil laughter, cough* What? The last series I got them into was Kuragehime and that's done now. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 47 of 47