• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Tales of Vesperia Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Fractale? FRACTALE???

Oh Funimation. You've picked the wrong Noitamina show to release.

(Hourou Musuko I would buy like a shot.)
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
If this sells well then maybe we can get the Tales of Symphonia Anime.

FUNimation PLEASE ANNOUNCE RAINBOW FOR DVD/BLU-RAY!!!

This I really want to know who will be voicing who and at least give us an estimated date it will be released I loved Rainbow it was different. I might be picking up this movie it looks good and hopefully Bandai will also release the ToV game for PS3.

Also did Bandai Namco license the Tales of Graces game for PS3?? I heard that they did I just want to make sure.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:

Japanese release should be available soon.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Freezing for sure. Fractale, maybe. I enjoyed watching it, but I'm not sure I need to see it again. I know nothing about Tales of Vesperia and I don't buy many anime movies. Eh, maybe years from now when I can pick it up super cheap...
domino

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so the Tales of Vesperia anime is going to reach the US before the real copy of the GAME does. I hate Namco Bandai so much.

I know so many people (including myself) that never bought the XBOX version because we heard about the superior PS3 one and are waiting veeeeery patiently....
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I will most definitely be getting Freezing on BD, and most likely Fractale on BD.

If Funi had an oppai mouse pad as the LE item for Freezing, that would be sooooooooo cash.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
If Funi had an oppai mouse pad as the LE item for Freezing, that would be sooooooooo cash.

If it's Satellizer in that white dress wearing her glasses, it'd be an INSTANT purchase.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
Fractale? FRACTALE???

Oh Funimation. You've picked the wrong Noitamina show to release.

Funimation wasn't streaming Wandering Son, CrunchyRoll was, so I imagine you'll have to wait and see in regards to its dvd release, whether Funi or another dvd company, or none at all. Sentai and Funi have picked up CR streaming licenses in the past

I'm hoping we'll see the other shows from that survey pop up- Princess Jellyfish would be awesome, and I think Tatami Galaxy was on that list too.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
If this sells well then maybe we can get the Tales of Symphonia Anime.

FUNimation PLEASE ANNOUNCE RAINBOW FOR DVD/BLU-RAY!!!

This I really want to know who will be voicing who and at least give us an estimated date it will be released I loved Rainbow it was different.

Rainbow was on that survey for streaming shows too, with questions about if you'd buy it if released on home video, dvd or bluray. The only one that wasn't from what I recall was Blessing of Campanella, but hey already announced dvd rights for it back when they licensed the stream animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-07-30/funimation-acquires-blessing-of-the-campanella
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Sigh got to wait a whole year before Freezing
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quote
hopefully they get the cast from ToV game to reprise there roles in the movie (the ones that make an appearance anyways).
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I just realized, this also means Freezing will definitely be dubbed. I have no idea what sort of dub cast would work for it, as I only know the cutesy-type female VA's in English...but it could be quite excellent. I hope they don't add excessive profanity, though.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:

If it's Satellizer in that white dress wearing her glasses, it'd be an INSTANT purchase.

Wall scroll please. Actually, they did say "merchandising" rights, so you never know.

But yeah, definitely picking up Fractale and Freezing, I enjoyed both. And I don't know much about Tales of Vesperia but it seems general consensus is favorable on it.
chocoburger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Original Dub cast or me no purchase.

That was one of the best dubs out from Namco Bandai and I want to see them return... And eventually release ToV Complete on PS3.

I'll be happy as long as they get Troy Baker for Yuri again. Everyone else I don't care so much about. But yes, I want the PS3 port badly!
androvsky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Tempted to hop on some gaming forums I frequent and post a thread titled "Tales of Vesperia coming to blu-ray in the U.S!". On one hand, I'd like to think that the accidental tease of the PS3 version getting localized (just prior to the actual Tales of Graces announcement) wasn't an accident at all and they were just waiting for the movie rights to get handled before they announced it.

On the other hand, it's probably a really bad sign that it's Funimation handling it instead of Bandai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5