• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ma Daily: [URL removed]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marioc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote
Ma Daily: [URL removed]:Much Respect
To put it simply, anime is Japanese cartoons. But keep in mind, they're nothing like the typical American Saturday-morning cartoons. Anime is distinct from American cartoons in their depth of characterization and plot (among other things). For the most part, the quality of animation in anime far surpasses that of American cartoons. Anime spans many genres, from silly romantic comedies (Marmalade Boy) to fantasy adventures (Vision of Escaflowne and Fushigi Yuugi), high-tech science fiction (Macross Plus), and much more. The most distinctive quality of anime is the subject manner: much of anime deals with "real-life" topics that American cartoons wouldn't touch with a 30-foot pole. For instance, the death of major characters is common in anime, as are complex relationships between characters.
[URL removed]

----------------
I am a Mangaka and have been
a fan of manga for years. I support
anything having to do with it
and I ask everyone to visit
my website Neo Mangaka
you won't be dis...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's an incredibly one-sided and bias post. Not to mention this isn't the place for this as this is the forum for talkback of ANN news articles and not your spam.

Not to mention it would be impossible to take an article that is so clearly bias and has no accurate perspective of the industry seriously. Try again, anime is not all gold and domestic animation is not all Teen Titans. Research and retry, but do so where it belongs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Your bias against non-Japanese animation and your apparent need to use our site as a dumping ground for the latest updates on your own absolutely horrific excuse for a website are about equal parts disgusting. Read the rules: we do not allow personal advertising, mindless spamming, or false signatures, all of which you're more than guilty of.

Enjoy the inevitable ban. And while you're away, I suggest you actually try putting a little bit of research into what you say regarding your blind praise of anime.

Locked. Site URLs removed. Like that's any sort of surprise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1