Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tickets Required for m.o.v.e. Concert at Anime USA




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RedComet



Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Posts: 227
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
This will affect me since I plan on going. I told my friend we need to zoom there right after school to make sure we get tickets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 8534
Location: Do not message me for support.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
They're only giving out one ticket per person, so your friends won't be able to pick up tickets for you.

I hope you're planning on zooming there right after school too.

-t
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
RedComet



Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Posts: 227
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
They're only giving out one ticket per person, so your friends won't be able to pick up tickets for you.

I hope you're planning on zooming there right after school too.

-t


I know that. Laughing I think that would be quite dumb if you could get more than one. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starwind Amada



Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Posts: 981
Location: Easton, PA, USA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
RedComet wrote:
tempest wrote:
They're only giving out one ticket per person, so your friends won't be able to pick up tickets for you.

I hope you're planning on zooming there right after school too.

-t


I know that. Laughing I think that would be quite dumb if you could get more than one. Twisted Evil


Why? You buy a bunch, keep one for yourself, and give the rest to friends who couldn't make the trip to pick them up themselves. What's so dumb about it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Managing Editor


Joined: 05 Jan 2002
Posts: 3785
Location: The OC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
RedComet wrote:
tempest wrote:
They're only giving out one ticket per person, so your friends won't be able to pick up tickets for you.

I hope you're planning on zooming there right after school too.

-t


I know that. Laughing I think that would be quite dumb if you could get more than one. Twisted Evil


Why? You buy a bunch, keep one for yourself, and give the rest to friends who couldn't make the trip to pick them up themselves. What's so dumb about it?


That's why he said it would be dumb if you could get more than one-- because then people would just get a huge buttload and pass them on to their friends. Reread his post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RedComet



Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Posts: 227
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:16 am Reply with quote
Well you don't even buy them for one thing. And if your friends can't get to the info desk themselves than why bother getting them a ticket. If that was allowed the tickets being given away for each time block would run out in minutes with so many "friends" just over there or they're busy right now so I came to get a ticket for them too etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
remember love



Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 764
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote
Another reason could be of scalping tickets as well but I'm probably wrong on this. Get all the tickets for so called friends sell them for a profit when every ticket is taken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group