• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV Skips Ghost in the Shell Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh I remeber this episode, it was rather disturbing. It's a shame that many fans who can't buy the DVDs may not get to see it, but if YTV can't air it and take any chances, it's their call. If they did get in trouble, it would do more harm than just missing an episode. YTV doesn't want any legal trouble, and that's perfectly reasonable.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. From time to time our Programming Department will exercise the option to reserve an episode of a series for an airtime that they feel would be more appropriate for that particular episode. So, although YTV didn’t air episode 10 of Ghost in the Shell in sequence, we will be airing as part of an upcoming special b2b marathon.

Don’t miss the Ghost in the Shell b2b marathon on Friday night, December 30 starting at 12am E/P!

12am… episode 4 Interceptor

12:30am… episode 5 Decoy

1am… episode 6 Meme

1:30am… episode 10 Jungle Cruise
We hope you’ll be tuning in!

Regards,

YTV Viewer Relations Department

Please remember all schedules are subject to change without notice.

I'm glad they came through for us in the end, and assuming that the episode airs without any edits, I'm incredibly thankful. Although this doesn't bode well at all for 2nd GiG... I really hope some higher-ups at Corus can convince Teletoon to air it. Otherwise we can look forward to a disaster of Farscape proportions.
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

1:30am… episode 10 Jungle Cruise
We hope you’ll be tuning in!

Regards,

YTV Viewer Relations Department

Please remember all schedules are subject to change without notice.

I'm glad they came through for us in the end, and assuming that the episode airs without any edits, I'm incredibly thankful. Although this doesn't bode well at all for 2nd GiG... I really hope some higher-ups at Corus can convince Teletoon to air it. Otherwise we can look forward to a disaster of Farscape proportions.

LOL, I just love that little disclaimer that was put at the end of the letter. Makes you wonder if it really will be shown.

"JUNGLE CRUISE" also has swears and nudity in it so YTV will have to edit it anyway. Still, it'd be nice if they did air the murder scenes as they did on [AS].
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 am Reply with quote
They wouldn't have to censor the swearing and nudity. It's nothing worse than what they've shown before...
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:45 am Reply with quote
Then that'd be very different from the American way of editing. The "big" swears and nudity are out the door no matter what. Still, if they can show nudity and swears on YTV, then that makes no sense why they wouldn't show "JUNGLE CRUISE" in the first place. Just tack on the warning at the beginning. Seems kind of silly to me. I suppose we're not dealing with a network that makes much sense though.
Mr.Hawq

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:59 am Reply with quote
what is the point of edditing the language and nudity now, since they are airing it at 1 30. it is rare to see a kid even watching tv at this time.
Jerseymilk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:24 am Reply with quote
Canada doesn't tend to censor swear words in adult programming as much as the US. For a good example, if you watch "The Osbornes" on MTV, the entire thing is nothing but bleeps, but if you watch it on Canada's MuchMusic, none of the swearing is bleeped out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3