• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Steins;Gate (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeekyBlackGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Laughed my way through this episode. That man is just hilarious - and how about the way he had to keep reminding himself that the cutie was a boy. Laughing
Very, very fun so far. Damn. this character design is awesome.

I did love this episode and it was extremely funny that he kept saying "But he's a guy!".
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote
Definitely a good mix of funny and thought-provokingness. The first episode felt needlessly clunky and confusing, but this one definitely raised the bar.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quote
I had a few good laughs during the second episode as well (unlike during Arakawa under the bridge which Im about to drop). The first episode was confusing, then in the second one I actually knew what was going on, yay. spoiler[The teleported gel banana], hehehe. I am looking forward to see what will come out of it.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Been trying to force myself to enjoy that op, but man, that vocal ruins it. Was there a special reason why they picked some boring vocal? Popularity with the otaku? I don't even hear them that frequently in anime. The voice isn't exactly annoying... it's just dead; emotionless.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote
This anime looks good, but I think i will wait until atleast 10+ eps are out before I watch this. The first episode is too confuse to me.
Grazzlebaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
So far diggin' this show, but i need to find a better site to watch it where the quality of it isn't crap.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'd love to watch this on CR. But since there's a region block and the regional simulcast is currently delayed by 2-3 weeks I'm watching it from some speedy infamous site (though I download rather than visit the streaming site itself). But since Detroit is part of the USA, I believe CR is open to you. Is their 720p not enough?
Which isn't entirely bad because CR's videos lag for like 1-2 hours after being added (50 50), and since I already paid for the subscription over here I can't have idiots blaming me even though my intentions are to support the site rather than watch their videos (see, been around this for so long that legal videos only mean convenience).
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:
I sense that Kana Hanazawa is going to be like, the staple actress of at least the first half of the decade. Seriously, damn, that voice.

Holy ####, I looked her up and she's playing every character this year. It's easier to count the shows she's not in.

Haha true, and she's the lead female of Deadman Wonderland, seems to be the second lead character in Moshidora and seems an important supporting character in Blue Exorist.

This is to go with her major roles in this show, Hen Zemi as well as a support role in Dog Days. Than you have the ongoing episodes of OreNo and the Movies of Break Blade and add to them her saving Infinite Stratos last season as well her big role in Fractale..... and all you can say is....

DAMN.

I honestly think she would be a contender for the most lead female roles in a one year span if anybody bothered to compile those stats.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
Rie Kugimiya would probably give her a run for the money. This season alone she is lead female in two shows: Astarotte's Toy and Aria the Scarlet Ammo - this winter she was lead female in Dragon Crisis! She has ongoing roles in Fairy Tail and Gintama now that that show has started up again. I'm not sure how big her role is in Inazuma Eleven, but she's in that. She was in Kampfer fur die Liebe this year and will be in Alice Liddell in Alice in the Country of Hearts that comes out this summer as well as the Hayate the Combat Butler movie. Have I missed anything?
Mister V

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:41 am Reply with quote
I giggled at them trolling Kurise. That was pretty good, fellas, but you're still idiots, both of you Razz

It's cool that they brought the LHC in; but it's CERN, not SERN, wtf (what, did they start writing Centre with an S?). Also, that was by far the most lame description of a dystopia I've ever heard. I'm being picky, yes, - frankly I'm very intrigued.
And I still cannot believe the hacker is voiced by the same person who did Sagara Sousuke among others.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote
Mister V wrote:
but it's CERN, not SERN, wtf (what, did they start writing Centre with an S?).

It's changed to avoid copyright. Same way that @channel is really supposed to be 2ch.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote
I'm liking the show, but dear God it moves at the speed of molasses. The third eppie barely moved the plot an inch and didn't even really reveal any more "time info" than we have already been given. Pick up the pace, people.
Mister V

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
It's changed to avoid copyright. Same way that @channel is really supposed to be 2ch.

Agh, I forget about that all the time. I kind of thought you had the right to use those in fiction, but I forget how unnecessarily complicated those laws can get.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Mister V wrote:
I giggled at them trolling Kurise. That was pretty good, fellas, but you're still idiots, both of you Razz

It's cool that they brought the LHC in; but it's CERN, not SERN, wtf (what, did they start writing Centre with an S?). Also, that was by far the most lame description of a dystopia I've ever heard. I'm being picky, yes, - frankly I'm very intrigued.
And I still cannot believe the hacker is voiced by the same person who did Sagara Sousuke among others.

CERN doesn't have center in it's name. CERN is an acronym of Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (old French name of European Organization for Nuclear Research). SERN is Société Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (also its old French name).

Anyone familiar with French language feel free to point out any mistakes I made.
Mister V

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh damn, it was Conseil, and not Centre. No, you're perfectly right, it was my mistake (my avatar now facepalming at myself). So it's Société Européenne, okay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 25