• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disgaea Website

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I love disgaea and I can't wait till the anime comes out, this is good news.

Ugh, how do you do that podcast thing, I can't figure out how, its all in Japanese.
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Finally, this is the first news since the announcment of the anime, now it's just a matter of waiting for a broadcast date to be set!

*gets ready to fanboy*
Vinitachi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Salvation is here! Been waiting for this for a while. I wonder if Pleinair is in there...
Disciple_of_Flonne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote
This is above and beyond superb! Disgaea is absolutely MADE for anime conversion!!! Laharl is going to make an awesome main character - and Flonne's just going to be superb in anime form!!! That's what I really love about Disgaea the game - the character interaction is top notch - and the relatively sweet, comedic game kicks into really dark fairy-tale territory slowly but surely!

Hohoho... I'm just going to die when I see Flonne creep along Laharl's castle and go "Nin Nin!" for the first time!
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
Disciple_of_Flonne wrote:
This is above and beyond superb! Disgaea is absolutely MADE for anime conversion!!! Laharl is going to make an awesome main character - and Flonne's just going to be superb in anime form!!! That's what I really love about Disgaea the game - the character interaction is top notch - and the relatively sweet, comedic game kicks into really dark fairy-tale territory slowly but surely!

Hohoho... I'm just going to die when I see Flonne creep along Laharl's castle and go "Nin Nin!" for the first time!

Wow, a Flonne fan. I didn't know any others existed other than myself. Most people don't really seem to like Flonne. BUT ONE DAY SHE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! <Laughs evilly while looking at his level 9999 Flonne with a Yoshitsuna and 3 Super Robo suits all at level 100.>
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:24 am Reply with quote
Hey, Flonne is adorable. Smile Without her, the character interactions wouldn't be as nearly as good.

Still, while the characterizations may well be there, I'm skeptical about how well the story will be done. I'm hopeful, but not counting on much here. Video game to anime translations tend to do poorly because of how shallow the story is. While a base plotline works great for a video game, it tends to translate poorly to a series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:42 am Reply with quote
Thinking back to the game at this point, I'm actually curious as to how they'll handle the episode previews, since most of the previews were just Etna going on about something that didn't have anything to do with the currently storylines.

Another, more serious thing I'm wondering about, is how many episodes they'll do. I mean they could there are 14 in-game "episodes" so I suppose they could pull of a 13 episodes series, but I wonder if making it 26 wouldn't allow them to do more with the in-game and post game story line spoiler[Baal, Pringer Z, or how about Phantom Brave, Rhapsody or Makai Kingdom episodes?]
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping that they do a 13 episode series. I seriously don't think they have enough stuff to work off of to do a 26 episode series unless they plan to fill half of it with fillers (which actually I really wouldn't mind). I don't really think they're gonna explain much if any about spoiler[ other Nippon Icchi productions like Phantom Brave, The Marl's Kingdom series, La Pucelle, or Makai Kingdom. They'd have to go into far too much detail to explain any of them with it making sense and it still being a "disgaea" anime. Maybe we'll get some Baal or Pringer X in it, but I wouldn't count on it.]
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I just hope this one gets dubbed, and they use the same VA's used in the game, for real this time! Disgaea had a great cast of VA's in the english version, and alot of un-forgettable dialogue.

"A HORSE WEINER!?!?!?!"
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I imagine that it'll be licenced eventually, but I wouldn't count on the eventually english version retaining the same cast. A lot of who voices the characters will be based on who licences the series, and on top of that the US companies don't seem to care to much about keeping VAs the same between seasons and series look at DBZ or Sailor Moon for examples of mid-series VA changes
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
I imagine that it'll be licenced eventually, but I wouldn't count on the eventually english version retaining the same cast. A lot of who voices the characters will be based on who licences the series, and on top of that the US companies don't seem to care to much about keeping VAs the same between seasons and series look at DBZ or Sailor Moon for examples of mid-series VA changes

It all depends whether or not the company that decides to grab the rights have a recording studio that is close by where the VA's live. It could get pricey making them move Razz
Hullut Sisarukset

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
What, there are people who don't like Flonne? She rocks! *love*

I've only recently got to know Disgaea, but I really look forward to this anime. I can't wait to see anime Mid-Boss Anime smile; And I want the seiyuu to be the original ones, of course, so that I get to hear them. I've only played the English version.

I think that Disgaea could be a great anime, the plot and the characters are really captivating, but we'll just have to see what comes out of it. Anime smile
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Hullut Sisarukset wrote:
I've only recently got to know Disgaea, but I really look forward to this anime. I can't wait to see anime Mid-Boss Anime smile; And I want the seiyuu to be the original ones, of course, so that I get to hear them. I've only played the English version.

Disgaea has an option to play the game with Japanese audio. Just go to the options menu. So you can hear them right now if you want to. The only thing I don't really like about that though, is that they don't bother to change the in battle voices to Japanese on the Japanese audio setting.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, first a 'Xenosaga' anime and now an anime from my favorite game company 'Nippon Ichi'. Never played the 'Disgaea' game but I've been familiar with it before it came state-side.

I'm very surprised to see an anime based on the game. Looks like "some folks" need a reason to get some 'Aetna' action. Twisted Evil

I'm looking forward to it. Wink
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Izlude wrote:
I just hope this one gets dubbed, and they use the same VA's used in the game, for real this time! Disgaea had a great cast of VA's in the english version, and alot of un-forgettable dialogue.

I agree with you.

I love the English voices in Disgaea, and I really hope they will get the same English voice actors back for the Anime; if the Anime is going to be released in the US at all Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1