• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Eligible for Oscar [2005-11-17]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:29 am Reply with quote
Branduil wrote:
I wonder if The Place Promised in Our Early Days can possibly be nominated next year, then. It really deserves a shot.

Not a chance. It could theoretically be nominated for 2007 because of the one-year extension for films released outside of North America in the calendar year prior to the "previous year" ("previous year" meaning the year that has just started if we're talking about next year's awards), except it also got released in North America in 2005, which voids the extension.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
flamegirl88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is Whoohoo! If any anime should win it should be Howls Moving Castle, after all Spirited Away won the year it came out. And Howl was drawn much better if you've seen it you know that the mirrors and Howls room had to be the hardest things to draw and Gibli pulled it off. and the plot was awsome.
[spoiler]Instead of going with the regular ending of the boy leaves, this went with Sophie going off to live with Howl.[/spoiler]
If Howl doesn't get nominated or if it is and loses to an American movie I'll be so pissed!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5