• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shamanic Princess Episode Download

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode #1 of Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight is also available for free.

Both are very good shows, so it's nice of Central Park to release the first episodes for free viewing. Smile
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Whoa so I get the first episode for free? That's a nice way to sample anime, since I feel that many trailers aren't a good representation of their anime. I think I'll see Decendents of Darkness first. Just...because.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Whoa so I get the first episode for free? That's a nice way to sample anime, since I feel that many trailers aren't a good representation of their anime. I think I'll see Decendents of Darkness first. Just...because.

If you like getting free episodes on a regular basis, you should check out NewType magazine.

They provide DVDs with every issue that contains first episodes of at least two or three new anime releases, in both English dub and Japanese with English subtitles. (For example, one of their discs had the first episode of Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG a month before the first DVD was released.)
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely free because you have to pay for the magazine... you have to pay for an internet connection as well, but still... the principle.
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quote
Wow, I hope other companies pick up on this idea. Offering the first episode for free is a great way to sample both the dub and the series. ADV's little promo packages haven't really done the trick for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Glory Questor wrote:
.Sy wrote:

If you like getting free episodes on a regular basis, you should check out NewType magazine.
But Newtype is...expensive in my opinion. As for internet access, let's just say the bill's not on me, even if I do happen to use my own computer.
King Mob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quote
You can see the whole thing for free on AN but I still bought the DVD because it was like only $10
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1