• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Wonders of the Anime World

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
I agree, I know that (Attack on Titan manga spoiler) spoiler[ the walls have Titans in them but that doesn't explain how a near extinct race created giant walls that tower over their cities.]

They spent about a century building these walls, anyway, if a society focus their resources on something they can make something that appears impossible to outsiders (real world example: the Egyptian pyramids).

Also, I wouldn't say that humanity is "near extinct" in Attack on Titan, considering that they still have quite an impressive civilization, only that they are restricted to a small space.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lelouch vi Britannia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I love that Ohtori Academy was included in this! Ohtori is probably my second favorite fictional building after Hogwarts Castle. And I love the redesign of it for Apocalypse.
keith yatsuhashi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
I can't believe this isn't on the list. The toxic jungle played such a huge role in a film many consider a masterpiece.
TG72

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I've got to mention the dimension gates from Noein. It must've taken weeks to dream up/draw those...
Tris8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Italy (Veneziano) in the poll. Of course, we'd go for Italian Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3