• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I still remember the last time we had one of these threads, well over a year ago to be sure... the last big one at least.

I like to change mine fairly often and just did so the other day. My last avatar:

was Juna in her transformed state as the Avatar of Time in Earth Girl Arjuna. A rather good, oft underated series. One that also has some wonderful art.

My current avatar is Stoner from Eureka Seven. I chose him because, well he so far seems to be just a pretty cool guy in general, and I thought I'd try to shy away from a seriously main character for once. Although I have a few more from EU that I will probably be going through soon.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:

Just think of me as if Kakashi were a 15-year-old white guy, 6'1 170 pounds and has his left eye brow peirced O.o.

So like, "Think of Kakashi, and then something completely different! I'm the Latter!" I mean, Im not knocking you, it's just sort of... ahhh nevermind Smile

Quote:
steve!, i think of you as the kind of guy who jokes around alot, like the class clown. I get that feeling when i look at your Avatar.

Awesome, because I am like, insanely boring and such in real life (like, moreso than the internet, mind you).

Also damnit, now my avatar must change!
Anthony P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
A boy in a 1980's Transfomers G1 toy advert. This is taken from a screencap of the Ad, which was remastered, dubbed in Japanese and on a DVD included in the Takara Reissue line #9, which was Starscream.
Very Happy

I applaud your sense of obscurity. Smile
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
Well, my cute little avatar is Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, which is my all time favorite manga and anime. I chose the chibi picture of him because I think chibi captures his true personality Wink
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
As much as I love anime I just could never find an avatar I'd like to use with anime roots. That aside, being that I am first and foremost a sports fan and hockey more than anything I thought I'd be a little different and represent my favorite team here on the boards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
My avatar is from the unlicensed, but not widely distributed* series, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I took one of the scans from the original H-game that came with the DL package and shrunk it to proper size. Of course, I chose one of the tamer pictures. Embarassed

Why did I choose it? Hmm, I like Drama/Romance series, and this series in particular. It's sort of outside the mainstream, so not many other people have icons from KgNE. I think it's kind of silly to use an anime girl avatar since I'm a guy (though from some of my posts, you wouldn't believe it lol), but let's face it, most of us don't want to be directly identified with the guys from romance anime. So, I chose a cute picture with the two of them on the verge of kissing, and if I learn how to make cool animated gifs, I'll combine a few pictures to make them kiss over and over again :cuteness: Anime smile Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

* Why the "not widely distributed"? See this post.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quote
I took for my avatar Urahara Kenske from Bleach, because what other sly blond guy that whears green and white do you know?[/b]
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote
Jkid wrote:
I bought the two volumes of the show. I hope ADV gets the rights for Nurse Witch Komugi Magikarute Z

Don't count on it. As much as I love Komugi the chances of anyone licensing Komugi Z are like a 0.0001% chance. The first series didn't sell that well and the second series is only 2 episodes. In fact its even difficult to get people to fansub it much less license it (the second episode has been out for 3 months and nobody's fansubed it yet)... ya, don't think it's gonna happen... although if by some miracle it did happen I'd definatly buy it.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:32 am Reply with quote
I chose Sanji from One Piece. There are few characters that I call my favorite when I first see them, and never been disappointed in anything they've done even through a series as long as One Piece. I can always count on Sanji, because I know he's giving his all, even if his reasoning is all wrong.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:53 am Reply with quote
All my avatars you see me with are from Gunparade March. I choose them because I love the characters in the show(Probably best part of the show is the characters). But I don't always stick with one avatar because I get bored with them eventually and want to switch to another for fun but so far I've only used Gunparade March avatars. Later sometime I'll probably be using a Vampirehunter D avatar. Which is one of my favorite anime movies of all time and is one of the reasons I got into anime in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote
Mine is from Yoshitoshi ABe's cover art for the Haibane Renmei OST CD. It goes with my username (OK I know the haibane aren't really angels), and she reminds me of my own little angel...
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:58 am Reply with quote
My avatar, as plainly seen, is a combo affair. Yurika from Nadesico is an easy guess, and for anyone who isn't into college basketball, the block G is currently the identifying symbol of the Georgetown University Hoyas. Simply put, I grew up as a die-hard fan of Hoya basketball, but I really didn't get into anime until 1996 (has it been 10 years already?). So, to illustrate the conflict over which is my current passion, I cropped the two images, laid down some text, and there you go.
Animekid08.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:58 am Reply with quote
I like my avatar of a very worried Shinobu from Love Hina. I am like her (cept im not a girl Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop ) because i freak out about the same way that she does. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
As much as I love anime I just could never find an avatar I'd like to use with anime roots. That aside, being that I am first and foremost a sports fan and hockey more than anything I thought I'd be a little different and represent my favorite team here on the boards.

A North Stars avatar would be better though. There are still some bad feelings lingering about that whole affair.
prettygirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote
My avatar does not reflect me or my personality in any way (obviously since I’m a girl… hence the name Pretty Girl). My avatar is of Himura Kenshin from my first and favourite anime. Kenshin, being my favourite character ever, is the reason I chose him as my avatar.

I am, however, quite intrigued by the fact that many of you have chosen an avatar which somehow reflects your personality or the way you look. That’s pretty interesting (in a good way Smile ).

[edit = You guys convinced me to change my avatar. Guess this post doesn't apply anymore Anime smile + sweatdrop I chose this new one since I think my name should maybe correspond with my avatar. At least it's a girl... hee hee hee. If you're wondering who it is, it's Kamiya Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin]

Last edited by prettygirl on Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 512