• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
The picture on the left is clearly the better-looking of the two. Also, I agree with CrowLia that it's the more adorable picture.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I'll go with that then, thanks. It's her "Gonna smash you with my giant hammer" face.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can finally change my avatar. Here's Tomie (well, one of the many Tomies), from the self titled manga by Junji Ito.

P.S., I don't know how to post pictures so just look to the left.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote
I decided to change mine to my favourite cat eared maid ninja cyborg/android, Clarion from Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn, well more specifically it is the Nene's fantasy "Cat Prince Cla-ring". Despite everything else that is out and its general lack of interest of the general anime viewer, it has been my favourite show of this season, and the prince thing kind of tickled me.

I was also looking at the alternative "Cat Prince Cla-ring" on a horse.

And was also looking at the "realistic" version, but I could not get the picture size down enough. And it would probably lose its joke if it was too undetailed.

Some people no doubt turned off by the above low animated images used in the series, in particular with somewhat grumpy Clarion, but it has been a style that I have found quite charming.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And was also looking at the "realistic" version, but I could not get the picture size down enough. And it would probably lose its joke if it was too undetailed.

Here's a version within ANN limits with no quality loss:

If you use Photoshop pick "Save for Web" for best results.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Long over do for a change. Going to switch to save badass good guys for a little bit. I figured I'd stick with Akame ga Kill for the moment so IMO the only logical choice is the main bro himself. Time for some Bulat baby.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
This is my reaction to everything these days.

Sad
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quote
Season changed and it was time to (tearfully) part with my gentle Yato. I was torn between having Shizuo, Kikuhiko or this trashy boy, but in the end I went for this shot, couldn't find one of Kiku that fully convinced me and I love Oikawa commanding his army.

Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
My current avatar is sumo wrestler Kotoyuki Kazuyoshi, an up and coming young wrestler with some potential, and one of my favorite wrestlers so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Despite my best efforts not to I still manage to stir ire in people, grumpy bear can't do anything right anymore. Image taken by one of those foul mouth Beargguy-san memes that pops up on /m/.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
More than time to move on to another avatar. Going to continue my badass good guy run with Terry Bogard from the Fatal Fury franchise. The man is about as heroic and badass as you can get. And his hair is luxurious. Even when wearing a ballcap.
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
its from metal gear solid

sniperwolf <3
Punpun's ghost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is just one of my characters, one I was developing for a story idea I was noodling around with last year. At the time, she was an Edwardian, Winchester-toting fox-human called Veronica Harlescroft. The story's been put aside in favour of a better one (I hope!), and the character has also developed and become the face of my band Meya-chan; but I still like the illustrations I did at the time, so, out of sentimentality, I popped her on here.

If I didn't have this one, I guess I would have Lavie from Last Exile. Last Exile was the first series I bought after reaching the point of, well, I've watched all the Ghibli's: what next? It was the point when I was truly hooked by the fabulous world of anime and manga.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I chose Happy from Fairy Tail because A: it's one my my best liked series, B: he's a wise-a$$ and is always getting the better of Lucy, C: he's cute and is about the closest thing in cuteness to our Yorkies. If there was a cute Yorkie in an anime I'd put it up, but there isn't, so it's Happy for the foreseeable future.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm changing avatar which is very unlike me. I intended to use Saber for sometime and eventually go back to Goro (from Major), but Tornado girl caught my eye the moment I saw her in the opening. Then she makes her formal appearance and she's heavenly. The bratty attitude, voiced by Aoi Yuuki combined with those sharp eyes. Ah, ah, AH, AH, AH, I wanna be her saikyou HEEROOO!!!

I like her expression in the opening so I'd prefer to use that instead, but I'd have to find a creditless opening somewhere. There seem to be BD raws out at least... I wonder.. Pfft I guess I have to be content with this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 496 of 512