• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I will forever keep CHIMEKO-sama or Himeko and Chikane as my avatar, since well, I absolutely love this couple and of course, the series they came from. Viva la CHIMEKO-sama! Laughing
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
The character after which I'm named. Lactobacillus yogurti from Moyashimon (gozaru!)
JeForceX

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
Jerraine Harukawa (ジャッレイン春川), the official mascot character of Project JeForceX, a digital media channel about Japanese Popular Culture that I manage.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I have a tendency to like characters in my RPG teams based on how good they are at being team players. It's why I could not stand that jerk-wad Gremio in Suikoden 1. Because not only was he a useless party member in combat, but the game insisted on him being in your party for 85% of the game. Oh boy.

But it's also why ugly Pokemon and blatantly obvious Digimon villains can win my favor. For example, Lucemon is a clear antagonist in the 4th season (Frontier), but the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth game made him an extreme hassle to get, but well worth the effort. It starts with a Tokomon. You have to get it to have an ABI of 80 (out of 100 max), and for it to have certain stats that do not naturally occur for a Tokomon. so after an extreme amount of digivolving and de-digivolving to get to the 80 ABI, you have to mess with its stats in order to get the desired effect. Then, you can finally get Lucemon rookie! But to get it to Lucemon FM (the current avatar), you also need to get it stats it doesn't naturally have. And it needs 100 ABI (not actually required in the listing, but is necessary to get the stats you need), and it needs to be leveled into the mid 90s at least. But both Lucemon and Lucemon FM are awesome in different ways, if you just want a magic powerhouse, rookie is fine and awesome, but I do like that FM has a bit more coverage and is neutral (neither light nor dark) so gets to skip a weakness that way. Even though they might be at rookie and ultimate level, they're both more than capable of kicking mega Digimon to the curb without effort. I did get Lucemon SM as well, but I prefer rookie and FM (the least of SM's problems is not having any damn item slots, but at least things learned as SM stick with FM and rookie).

Some other obvious villains I'm enjoying using in my team: Piedmon (Adventure 1 villain) and Lilithmon (aka Laylamon, Fusion villain), and I'm working on getting a Belphemon (Data Squad villain) using a Digitamamon (Adventure 1 villain). And knowing me, I'll probably work on getting others too (but I'm not counting Beelzemon as a villain as he was clearly an anti-villain in Tamers)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Well time for another badass hero. Since I just got the gf to watch PMMM with me I figure I'll go with the hero of the series in my eyes. Homura Akemi.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Sun May 29, 2016 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Changed to mai waifu Sara from Tales of Link.

Can still see a white outline, but there's a bit too much negative space to just fill the background in white.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:28 pm Reply with quote
^ My reaction to that

I'm joking! Though your last avatar was better imo. I should probably try some mobile game at some point since I just got one of these smart phone thingies.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm still in the process of replaying Project X Zone 2 (onsen scene is only unlocked on 2nd playthrough) so Nana might make a comeback.

Anyways, I love that Tales of Link actually has a proper story and they give you free in-game currency abundantly. That said, I have spent way more money on it than I'd like to admit Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
5x disgusted noices for spending money on mobile games. Microtransactions work so well that they have made their way into fully priced triple-A video games. Ugh.

Razz
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

My first impression was that this video existed in cultural isolation, but on closer inspection, worryingly enough, it appears to be part of a trend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
it appears to be part of a trend.

I'm not sure what kind of trend you're speaking of here. I at least haven't seen Cassandra's disgusted noise being used as a reaction before. I just thought that Cassandra's "ugh" is one the best "ughs" I've heard, at least in a video game. It's just funny. It's so... Cassandra.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Harlock is like Chuck Norris: you just don't mess with him. Ever.
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is a character from Fullmetal Alchemist, Ling Yao. He only appears in the manga and in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. He didn't appear in the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime unfortunately. :/
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I've been too down in the dumps lately, time for some lovable /m/ style insanity! The subject of my current avatar is Black Getter from Getter Robo Armageddon (music related). As for the anagram, I'm starting a new joke movement called the Masculine Avatar League of Extras. All you have to do is have a manly avatar and shablagoo, you can be part of it too. Cool What does the movement do? Nothing really, just post the sunglasses emoticon slightly more often.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
On to another badass heroic avatar. Might be the last one til my next annual girls of summer avatar run. Might squeek another in before it. Regardless, here Archangel himself, the one and only Mr Space Lobster!!!!!! I mean here's Garrus from Mass Effect heh.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 497 of 512