• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Omamori Himari Romantic Comedy Manga to End in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HikariProject

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote
The manga is a fun read, even though I am bit behind, and I love the cover art.

Thanks to the mangaka for his hard work.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote
A fun and guilty pleasure. I'd love for someone to license the anime, (I'm looking at you Sentai Wink )
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
A fun and guilty pleasure. I'd love for someone to license the anime, (I'm looking at you Sentai Wink )

That's a great way to describe it. I've enjoyed this series way more than I thought I would when I impulse purchased the first manga volume a couple years ago.

And yes, someone needs to pick this up for a physical DVD or Blu-Ray release. I've honestly been a little shocked that no one has yet...
Taskforce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
I own all 11 volumes that are out (including 0) and will be buying 11 in January when it comes out. I'll be sad to see it end. It is one of my favorites.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
So will 11 be the last volume then or will be more than that? I only follow the manga via Yen Press's translations so I'm not sure what volume or chapter the Japanese release is on.

I also agree with njprogfan. This anime should have been licensed years ago.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
So will 11 be the last volume then or will be more than that? I only follow the manga via Yen Press's translations so I'm not sure what volume or chapter the Japanese release is on.

Going by the chapter listings on Wikipedia, there will be enough chapters for a 12th volume, which will probably be the last. There's also a gaiden volume listed that hasn't been picked up for US release.
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

I also agree with njprogfan. This anime should have been licensed years ago.

I've just preordered the 11th volume published by YP. Given that it's a monthly manga, and the final chapter is fast approaching, I'd guess the 12th volume will be final one.

Given that lesser anime has been licensed and, even dubbed (uhm... that Shining Something about breadwhatever), I'm a little surprised this show hasn't even been given a sub-only release. Heck, even Gosick has been neglected (since Bandai renounced the license).

Twelve volumes is not bad at all, for a former eromangaka. Even though it is a run-of-the-mill harem romantic comedy, it does have something that resembles a decent plot, and the typical harem male protagonist does break the mold as the story advances.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1