• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Kazuhiro Furuhashi, Director of Gundam UC

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps so, but that wouldn't be Sunrise's fault or would it? That's a KyoAni show.

True, but I put some blame for that on Bandai, & the distinction between Bandai and Sunrise is rather thinly defined.

Bandai Entertainment simply distributes the dub, it has nothing to do with the making of Haruhi. The two culprits from Endless Eight are Kadokawa which publishes and distributes Haruhi in Japan, and Kyoto Animation itself.
DirtnSky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:26 am Reply with quote
From what the former kyotard producer spoke off.. he mentioned that that disgusting mess was proposed during the production of the first season. He promptly stomp it then. Unfortunately; since he was gone before the second round rolled up, that producer who cooked that dung jumped on his chance to be~ an Arrrtissta-ahh~
+
~00 made the first mistake by declaring that it is happening in our Real future instead of another made up century... and didn't he mention that UC was to be a FOUR part series but in the last response started to talk about the FIFTH one?!? I know we get it cheaper than people in Nippon, but me bank is squealing~~~~
+
The only Gundam series that stuck to Everything within was the OVA series "~War in the Pocket". The man who did that also did an great final tale of ~Orguss.. what a great ending!
+
The greatest FUBAR was that abomination ~08th MS Team! Evil or Very Mad with the lame arse "sweating" in a fricking Normal Suit! or dodging an 180mm round while firing off a bazooka! Former being that one can Live in a ZERO ATMOSPHERE comfortably & Later being that HYDROSTATIC SHOCK would of gelled the moron.. but that's enough of that mess.
+
My most favorite Gundam was V Gundam with Uso as the pilot. He is the ONLY pilot that used EVERY system within to great effect. No other main charater pilot in Every series would live in a To the Death face-off with that kid!!! Pure Dripping AWEsome~~ Cool
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:09 am Reply with quote
DirtnSky wrote:
...and didn't he mention that UC was to be a FOUR part series but in the last response started to talk about the FIFTH one?!? I know we get it cheaper than people in Nippon, but me bank is squealing~~~~

It was already publicly known that Gundam Unicorn is supposed to be six episodes, not four, so this shouldn't be too unexpected by now. In fact, I don't remember hearing about any previous plans for a shorter adaptation before reading this interview.

For instance, they were openly speaking about making six episodes back in 2009:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-21/gundam-unicorn-to-be-6-50-minute-ovas

Four episodes seems to have been the earliest form of the pitch, as it was presented to the staff, so I'd say that just means they figured out the story couldn't be adapted into only four episodes without making too many cuts. Which I'd say is reasonable, considering the director also stated in the interview that he feels there hasn't been enough time for all of the characters and regrets leaving out certain details.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2