• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuki to Stream Cowboy Bebop TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

And it's been running for a decade on TV.

People fling this "it's been running on TV for ages, why haven't you seen it" idiocy about Bebop since the beginning of time. I wonder if any of these people realize that not everyone lives in the country where this show aired on TV for chrissake
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
While I've seen some of Cowboy Bebop, I haven't seen all of it. I'll likely wait until FUNi's Blu-ray set to give it a run through. I've watched enough to know that it's something I would like.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Trust me, even among the most hardcore of subtitle elitists, the Cowboy Bebop dub is one of the few that everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - is in agreement over. Even Watanabe himself prefers it over the original Japanese.

Most people, but not quite "everyone". I know it's a minority opinion, but I prefer hearing Koichi Yamadera and the omnipresent-in-1990s-anime Megumi Hayashibara. The dub's great for a English dub, but I always prefer hearing things in their original language.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Suena

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Highly doubt any dubs will ever be put on Daisuki. They'd have to pay fees back to the foreign licensors for that, which seems extremely improbable.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Suena wrote:
Highly doubt any dubs will ever be put on Daisuki. They'd have to pay fees back to the foreign licensors for that, which seems extremely improbable.

Wasn't the Zeta dub on Daisuki?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Luckily I hate Daisuki and already own the show on DVD and will be getting the Blu-ray which comes out next month here in Australia. Otherwise you bet your ass I'd complain about the lack of a dub.

I don't have any sort of preference for either sub or dub (Subs are usually better though) but I have a very clear preference for the dub when it comes to Bebop. I tried the sub once and gave up after about 5 minutes.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Why? It's only been airing on Adult Swim for the past 12 years.

I'm serious. Let Bebop DIE. Let it die. Sell the Blu-Ray's, but get it off TV.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
How have people not seen Bebop by now. It boggles the mind.

Some people just didn't grow up with the show when the show first came out on DVD and first aired and was promoted on Adult Swim at an earlier time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Quote:
Shinichiro Watanabe's series to be available digitally for 1st time

They've had episodes on rotation streaming at AdultSwim.com for years.

Um I think that is talking about Funimation getting he digital rights for the show, and I'm guessing that means it will be available to buy digitally like on iTunes. Not that it was the first time it was available to legal watch streaming online.
TrueSkin1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I remember when Adult Swim played FLCL back to back for 6 years considering it was what? Only 6 episodes.

I'm glad they took FLCL off Adult Swim cause 6 episodes for 6 years almost made me ill and almost made me despise such an excellent anime.

At least Bebop runs 26 episodes and is an episodic series to where it never gets played out . Unlike the same old, same old linear story FLCL had.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
TrueSkin1 wrote:
I'm glad they took FLCL off Adult Swim cause 6 episodes for 6 years almost made me ill and almost made me despise such an excellent anime.

At least Bebop runs 26 episodes and is an episodic series to where it never gets played out . Unlike the same old, same old linear story FLCL had.

Just so we're clear, nobody is twisting anybody's arm to watch the same show over and over again for several years. If you're done watching a show after so many times, then fine. Watch something else.
spinja446

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
TrueSkin1 wrote:

Just so we're clear, nobody is twisting anybody's arm to watch the same show over and over again for several years. If you're done watching a show after so many times, then fine. Watch something else.

I can watch all of FLCL in one sitting. Yea I'm pretty Boss but not enough to watch the same six episodes for so many years lol. Eff that.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:

It was/is. I haven't checked in a while. If it WAS, I'd assume they changed it to the sub for consitency because they put ZZ on there and that doesn't have a dub. At least, one they could use.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
animehermit wrote:

It was/is. I haven't checked in a while. If it WAS, I'd assume they changed it to the sub for consitency because they put ZZ on there and that doesn't have a dub. At least, one they could use.

The Animax ZZ dub isn't much worse than Blue Water's Zeta dub.

They're both horrendous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
@CrowLia I love how you nitpick about pronunciations in English dubs, even though that doesn't matter this is a Space WESTERN, which has a lot of western names and references. If anything, the Japanese version technically pronounces the names wrong*. And how can you have a problem watching an English language cartoon in English? I can understand anime, but something like the DCAU?

*Phonetic pronunciation isn't correct pronunciation BTW. Just because that how something's pronounced in a particular dialect/language doesn't make it correct to the original language. Most Brits and some Americans pronounce "Mario" as "Marry-o" instead of Mar-ree-o, the Italian based pronunciation. Likewise, the Japanese version of Gundam W doesn't even come close to pronouncing "Quatre" right. "Katoru" is not right. It could have easily been "Ku-wa-to-ra" or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3