• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex to Stream Blue Exorcist in U.S., Canada

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
If anybody wants to view the subbed trailer just visit their official site..
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:

*mumblemumble*region locked trailers*grumblegrumble*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
awesome! This was really the only series I was waffling about, wondering whether I should renew my CR account. Since it'll be available on Hulu I'll just watch it there-- I like commercial-free, but I like free even better than that Very Happy
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Whoo! I'm looking forward to this! The manga is pretty good and the animation looks awesome...another plus for me is that one of my favorite k-pop groups is singing the ending theme! I love 2PM's song Take Off! UVERworld is also great, they will be taking care of the opening theme~
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
jtiskool305 wrote:

Try this then.
Yukimi-chan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I was hoping this would be streamed! x3
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
jtiskool305 wrote:

Try this then.

Lol, you got my hopes up with that link, but it didn't work Anime cry Oh man, I was so sure that Crunchyroll would get it and that by default I would be able to watch it... Is this the first time that Crunchyroll has simulcasted a show for North America only? This was my most anticipated new show for this season so I'm disappointed, but I guess it's good that so many sites have arranged to simulcast it. Cooperation between all these streaming sites (even if they're NA only) is a good thing I guess.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Try this then.

That's the same video, just not embedded ¬_¬

ss-hikaru wrote:
Oh man, I was so sure that Crunchyroll would get it and that by default I would be able to watch it... Is this the first time that Crunchyroll has simulcasted a show for North America only?

I'm not sure about NA-only, and I don't know where you're from, but outside of NA no Crunchyroll show is available everywhere by default; they've been very good to the UK of late (in no small part to the efforts of Rob Pereyda I suspect) but I was on the verge of cancelling when they initially announced that Strike Witches 2 wasn't going to be available in the UK, and while we got Forte we didn't get the original series of Sora no Otoshimono etc.

This is what we currently get in the UK: http://img856.imageshack.us/i/crunchyrollbrowseanimeb.png/

Vs the US (as of the 30th due to Google cache): http://img13.imageshack.us/i/crunchyrollbrowseanimeb.png/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
ss-hikaru wrote:
Oh man, I was so sure that Crunchyroll would get it and that by default I would be able to watch it... Is this the first time that Crunchyroll has simulcasted a show for North America only?

I'm not sure about NA-only, and I don't know where you're from, but outside of NA no Crunchyroll show is available everywhere by default; they've been very good to the UK of late (in no small part to the efforts of Rob Pereyda I suspect) but I was on the verge of cancelling when they initially announced that Strike Witches 2 wasn't going to be available in the UK, and while we got Forte we didn't get the original series of Sora no Otoshimono etc.

I'm from Australia Anime smile Oh, I realise no show is available everywhere by default, like in your comment Strike Witches wasn't available in Australia either (I think), but in the case of Shonen titles, especially Shonen Jump (so like, Bleach, Naruto, Beelzebub, Eyeshield (not sure if this was simulcasted), Gintama, Tegami Bachi, Sket Dance etc.) Australia tends to get access. Since Blue Exorcist is a Shonen Jump title, I kinda thought it would follow this 'trend'.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
It's the reality of the situation and they're really handicapping themselves by dismissing it.

The reality of it is pretty sad in itself. I'm guessing a lot of the people that download fansubs don't actually watch them the same day, I know I don't always. They're spotted on a torrent site, downloaded, and then sit on the computer for a few days until they find time to watch them.

And I wouldn't say they're "dismissing" anything, they've clearly gone from a 7 day delay to a 3 day delay on their free simulcasts. That's a pretty substantial jump. It's not perfect, but it's an improvement.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote
Use the force, Rin! Don't give in to the dark side like your father before you! Laughing
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
I'm from Australia Anime smile Oh, I realise no show is available everywhere by default, like in your comment Strike Witches wasn't available in Australia either (I think), but in the case of Shonen titles, especially Shonen Jump (so like, Bleach, Naruto, Beelzebub, Eyeshield (not sure if this was simulcasted), Gintama, Tegami Bachi, Sket Dance etc.) Australia tends to get access. Since Blue Exorcist is a Shonen Jump title, I kinda thought it would follow this 'trend'.

I think this one is a little unusual in that it is being "broadcast" by Aniplex of America via all the above portals. While it is undoubtedly more complicated in reality, the name itself implies where their focus lies - for all we know AoA may not be authorised to deal with non-North American rights so Crunchyroll would have to go direct to Japan to fill in the gaps. Now I highly suspect that Blue Exorcist will be coming to the new AoD platform in the UK and I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex were planning or at least hoping to work with Madman in Australia.

--edit--

OK, make that Siren.

--edit--

Actually, I was right the first time.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 am Reply with quote
Been really looking forward to this starting Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2