• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Games Sell 172 Million Worldwide

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
Cool didn't even know there was a new game. Hope someone makes a ROM out of it so I can play it on the computer Smile
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:01 am Reply with quote
Thats all? Considering how many of them there are i expected a lot more.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
Cool didn't even know there was a new game. Hope someone makes a ROM out of it so I can play it on the computer Smile

Laughing No one cares about your pirating ways, you can keep that to yourself.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:

The number is odd, considering Nintendo themselves mentioned the franchise selling 215 Million way back in 2011, which would put it at around ~220-ish Million sales when taking sales of Black/White, Black2/White2, Rumble Blast and any other spinoffs released since then into account, placing Pokemon as the 2nd best-selling video game franchise of all time behind only Mario.

But even if 172 Mill. is accurate, Pokemon would still be at #3, behind Mario and all those games with "Wii" in the title (Sports, Fit, Party, etc.)
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Tylerr wrote:

The number is odd, considering Nintendo themselves mentioned the franchise selling 215 Million way back in 2011, which would put it at around ~220-ish Million sales when taking sales of Black/White, Black2/White2, Rumble Blast and any other spinoffs released since then into account, placing Pokemon as the 2nd best-selling video game franchise of all time behind only Mario.

But even if 172 Mill. is accurate, Pokemon would still be at #3, behind Mario and all those games with "Wii" in the title (Sports, Fit, Party, etc.)

When they said 215 Million were they talking of Money? or Copies?(Normally when they talk about the franchise they are talking about the money of everything. The Game and other types of merchandise) Because it can very well as sold more then 215 Million dollars(or other currency) back in 2011 and right now have sold more than 172 Million copies.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Pangea wrote:

Laughing No one cares about your pirating ways, you can keep that to yourself.

Not that I'm sure that this is where he was coming from with that statement, but there are people who buy the cartridge and then emulate the game so they can play it on their pcs. However, now that I think about it I'm not inclined to believe he's one of those people considering if he was he'd know that there's no real legit way to emulate 3ds games (as far as I know anyway). Anyway he should just buy the game, it's more fun that way.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:

1) You were unaware of the new set of Pokemon games? ...How...?
2) Good luck trying to emulate a 3DS ROM on your computer. =P
Pangea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Pangea wrote:

1) You were unaware of the new set of Pokemon games? ...How...?
2) Good luck trying to emulate a 3DS ROM on your computer. =P

I played pokemon black and white on the computer, is there any difference between the games?
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:39 am Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:

I played pokemon black and white on the computer, is there any difference between the games?

Yes. Black and White are DS games, the upcomming X and Y are 3DS games. X and Y will utilize the 3D technology available on the 3DS, unlike its predecessors that did not use this technology. DS games can be emulated, but there is yet to be anyone who has been able to fully emulate the 3D tech on a 3DS.

tl, dr buy a 3DS because there ain't no way you can play X and Y on your computer.
twinklestarex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:07 am Reply with quote
Pokemon fighting game please. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1