• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - House of Blue Exorcists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
March Story looks like a good one. I need a new manhwa to read, especially since Dorothy of Oz is on indefinite hiatus or something.
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote
I agree with K-ON review too much Azusa for my taste,heck even Ui gets almost as much face time as the other girls.Still I am enjoying the series and can't wait for the anme to be released.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
while plot points that hinge on women's bodily functions in the second story seem exploitative and awkward coming from a male author

The exploitive aspect was my impression of both stories as well.

Quote:
But the biggest slip-up this book makes is in switching artists between Vampire Cheerleaders and Paranormal Mystery Squad—the latter ends up looking like a mess due to the change in style and skill level, with overblown action scenes and shaky character anatomy.

I think one would feel that way mostly because one is so used to Shiei's artwork. But to me at least the styles all still looked fine and appropriate for their respective stories.

For those who enjoyed Aoi House, this is definitely another entertaining read.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Blue Exorcist is the most interesting and creative manga to come out in years..I've been reading it for the past year now and its held up quite well the manga is really starting to hit its main goal plot wise..the first episode of anime was brilliant!I can easily tell that when Viz dubs the Blue Exorcist anime its going to explode in popularity like Bleach did so many years ago in America its the perfect anime that Adult Swim could grab up and show during their late night Saturday block!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1