• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Muromi-san Episodes 1-13 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I agree with everything this review says except the claim that it wasn't funny. I thought it was very good. I'd say it was the one of the best comedies in the Spring 2013 season. Funnier than the second seasons of Oreimo and Nyaruko-san, much funnier than Henneko and Oregairu and a world apart from Sparrow's Hotel and Cyclops Shoujo Saipu. The only comedy I found made me laugh more consistently was Hataraku Maou-sama, and that was a truly great anime and one of the best of the season.
Scalfin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:50 am Reply with quote
Even the best pure comedies can end up duds without something else to latch on to. Duck Soup was a box office bomb, and the reason usually cited is that it lacked a romantic b-plot to hold the story together and get the audience to invest emotionally.
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
I can appreciate a comedy that just sticks to comedy.
NegativeGate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote
I also thought it was great but the OP was favorite part, so yeah I mostly agree
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I do hope it gets a second season, in 15 minutes bites it is quite easy to swallow even if the format does not change much. I think the gag-less finale was an attempt to give it a real end to the series (just in case there are is no second season or an OVA), many series end without giving proper closure to the story *cough*fractale*cough*.

If there is a second season I expect Levia-san abs to be better drawn Anime hyper
scineram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
It really is the case that what anime as an art form, as a medium was lacking was dolphin ribcage breaking. The humor based on mythologies was excellent, and the evolution jokes were second to none. For those I definitely will remember it. It might not have been the best comedy of the year or even the season, but there is no shame, or hope, in that when you are going up against Azazel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1