• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: The Origin TV Anime to Premiere in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talon87

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
Given the lack of a から following the announced date, and given the inclusion of this line:
Quote:
2013年10月2日(水)にテレビ東京系列で19時から特別番組として放送します。

in the YouTube "About" page for the trailer, longtime fans of the franchise are now speculating that this will just be a one-time special broadcast. The wording in the ANN article somewhat strongly suggests to readers that this is going to be a longer-running television series running parallel to the X&Y anime. ("The Pocket Monsters: The Origin television anime will premiere in Japan on October 2 at 7:00 p.m.") This is something you guys might want to fix if we do in fact get confirmation from Game Freak, Nintendo, XEBEC, or TV Tokyo that what will be airing on October 2 is a one-time comprehensive special and not a season premiere for a longer-running series.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
Very cool! I hope this is indeed a series, but the fact that the trailer goes straight from Red with Charmander to Red seemingly at the Elite Four with Charizard makes me wonder if this is indeed a one shot thing. That seems like a huge jump for a TV show trailer.

Watching either way or course, seems like it will be really fun. I hope to see some love for the Blue/Leaf/Female trainer too, Kanto's girl was one of my favorites.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote
Please have Misty, please have Misty. She hasn't appeared since ADVANCED, she was always my favorite character and while I don't really watch the show after Master Quest, it would be nice to see her return in more stuff.

Hopefully we'll get this. I'm pretty sure we will.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Why does it take a decade and a half or 2 for franchises to reboot their anime?

Who knows?

Quote:
Transformers: 1984 - 1999. In 2000 the first new timeline is made, RiD

Only a few Transformers from the 80s were anime, which really don't count, because if I must be brutally honest, Japanese Transformers doesn't count. The main Generation 1 cartoon is an American cartoon. Beast Wars, a Canadian-American cartoon was the first reboot of Transformers, I guess.

Quote:
Gundam: 1978 - 1993. In 1994 G Gundam was made

Yeah, they kinda needed to do that. Victory Gundam was bombing pretty bad and UC Gundam was getting real stale. Of course, Gundam wouldn't really get back to its feet until Gundam SEED, but that's a different story. Oh and Gundam aired in 1979, not 1978.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Quote:
Why does it take a decade and a half or 2 for franchises to reboot their anime?

Who knows?

Quote:
Transformers: 1984 - 1999. In 2000 the first new timeline is made, RiD

Only a few Transformers from the 80s were anime, which really don't count, because if I must be brutally honest, Japanese Transformers doesn't count. The main Generation 1 cartoon is an American cartoon. Beast Wars, a Canadian-American cartoon was the first reboot of Transformers, I guess.

Quote:
Gundam: 1978 - 1993. In 1994 G Gundam was made

Yeah, they kinda needed to do that. Victory Gundam was bombing pretty bad and UC Gundam was getting real stale. Of course, Gundam wouldn't really get back to its feet until Gundam SEED, but that's a different story. Oh and Gundam aired in 1979, not 1978.

People usually count Transformers as an anime since besides being a co-production between Japan and the US, being animated in Japan (mostly, but with bits and bobs from Korea, ugh they sucked so bad and an unnamed Filipino studio) it was heavily (if not fully) anime-styled, plus countless anime addition that have been made since TF started.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
WHAT?! A NEW POKEMON ANIME?! THIS IS LEGIT?!?

It's a shame it's not Special, but that's okay! Very Happy
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
Now if we can just get a Hoenn remake, then all our fandom dreams can come true! Very Happy
ranfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I never thought this day would come! The only thing that would make this news better is if I was told they're going to also animate Silver/Gold, and Ruby/Saphire after this.

What about pokemon chronicles?
Lolack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
You guys can sometimes miss the points. The anime is annoying, senseless and childish but that's the reason it's popular, they don't even need to put much effort in the animation or plot and they still earn a lot, now if they did make and try to maintain a better anime it'd be just a waste of money for them. And they can't make an anime for an older audience because the name "pokemon" will still attract the original anime's very young fanbase.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote
I think Pokemon, among many other anime, should be given the DBZ Kai Treatment. Cut out all the filler!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I think Pokemon...should be given the DBZ Kai Treatment. Cut out all the filler!

If all those "filler" episodes were cut out, the show would get boring pretty quick. They were what made my watching of Pokemon an enjoyable experience. Smile
Jen Bigby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I think Pokemon doesn't have that many filler episodes Smile The later ones like Diamond and Pearl and Best Wishes don't but maybe the first does because it was only expected to go on for a year and they had to stretch it out after it was a huge hit but after they switched the format they got good at trimming off the fat Smile Best Wishes only had 10 episodes of filler up until Decolora Adventures. I doubt they'd remake the old series though because from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense to focus on Generation 1 anymore unless they do another remake
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3