• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Video: New Haruhi Suzumiya PS3/PSP Game Promo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
My anticipation for this game deflated when I saw that it won't be (entirely?) a third-person adventure game but a visual novel. Still, the polygonal and cel-shaded stuff look really nice. As expected from the company that has Idolmaster and Tales of Vesperia in its technology belt.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
It looks like an adventure game with modern visual novel graphics, plus a time-travel mechanism that gives an explicit graphic image of alternative paths. It could be fun, but not for me at the circa $80 plus international shipping I see it at, also given that it would take a lot of work for me to understand the Japanese text.
Now if only some company could be persuaded to publish a translation into English.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice to see some these games here llike the toradora and ore no imouto game as well but it's not going to happen, sony of America doesn't care for them. Although I could see it maybe if nisa got hold of it some how since they did manage to pull off sakura wars and disgaea infinite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I guess this goes to show how far the Haruhi series has progressed since its debut almost half a decade ago. It has essentially become a product, no, a brand name over the years due to its consumer fan-base and attention in the anime/manga world. It's almost become one of the defining features of modern day Japanese pop culture!

But, back to the topic on the game, I wouldn't completely doubt a English translation since the Haruhi series has gained some fair amount of popularity outside of Japan. In fact something I'd like to see more of is the distribution of VNs outside of Japan, but I guess there's just not that much of a demand as seen in Japan? Sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but what I'm trying to say is that other countries other than Japan have a lower rate of consumerism for anime/manga related goods?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1