Forum - View topic
NEWS: UQ Holder! Fantasy Manga by Negima's Ken Akamatsu Revealed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ZeetherKID77



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 635

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
"In the decade since the world became aware of the existence of magic"

This is going to probably be related to Negima in some way, I know it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5085

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
"In the decade since the world became aware of the existence of magic"

This is going to probably be related to Negima in some way, I know it.


No, really? How can you tell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrTerrorist



Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 763

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
Yes! That means we get to see the Negima cast again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VORTIA



Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Posts: 757

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Well, here's our Negima pseudo-continuation! Sweet!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 6339
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a huge fan of the Negima franchise honestly but this definitely has my interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Nescio



Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quote
It is hard to say much about the content now, but I am expecting great fight scenes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flackenstien



Joined: 30 Jun 2012
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
The picture does make it seem like it could be pretty cool, but I still want that last Negima Arc. >_>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WitchWatcher



Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
*crosses fingers for Evangeline cameo*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gamen



Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Although, it probably should be expected that it looks like a continuation of Negima... After all, Setsuna was from the same school of swordsmanship as Motoko and Tsuruko and the Hinata sword even showed up in Negima as well. And Negima also had references to the CompSci siblings from Ai ga Tomaranai. And then there's Mei...

But those three series have never been confirmed to take place in the same continuity. And even if they do, the main characters from the prior series never showed up. So, I wouldn't expect him to break the formula now; Negima & co. will likely be no more than part of the setting's background, if that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Doctor Octopus



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Odds are he's just counting on old readers avid to see more of Negima to make the premise into a sucker hook. But even if he gave the old cast cameos, this doesn't fix anything with the Negima end problems. It's too far into the future so we can see things like the Lifemaker's actual defeat, or all the Pactios the finale hinted at but never showed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ginsan



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
Even if this is related to Negima!, or they're sharing the same world, I highly doubt that we'll get to see the Negima!'s casts. Negima!'s far into the future, while this is just when they're in the first decade after they found magic, right? Unless Ken made that guy out to be the life maker or something lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5085

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:32 am Reply with quote
Ginsan wrote:
Even if this is related to Negima!, or they're sharing the same world, I highly doubt that we'll get to see the Negima!'s casts. Negima!'s far into the future, while this is just when they're in the first decade after they found magic, right? Unless Ken made that guy out to be the life maker or something lol


No, its ten years after magic was revealed to the world, which happened towards the end of the Negima manga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 2999
Location: earth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Ginsan wrote:
Even if this is related to Negima!, or they're sharing the same world, I highly doubt that we'll get to see the Negima!'s casts. Negima!'s far into the future, while this is just when they're in the first decade after they found magic, right? Unless Ken made that guy out to be the life maker or something lol


No, its ten years after magic was revealed to the world, which happened towards the end of the Negima manga.


Evangelina is in this manga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group