• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RWBY (Web Series).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME. I'm looking forward to more of RWBY. Also, the animators finished new character rigs so that the characters have more range of motion. Additionally, some impact physics were added. I'm looking forward to seeing the new upgrades in action!

Did anyone else here buy the bluray? Was the sound quality for the White and Black trailers off for you? For the White trailer, the ambient noise (fighting, grunts) overpowered the music, which is really unfortunate because "Mirror, Mirror" is one of my favorite songs from the series. And for the Black trailer, the audio only comes out of one speaker. I was quite bummed about these issues. I'd re-buy the BD though if it turns out that this was just an error with my disc.

Also, did anyone else here find the Easter eggs on the bluray? (I'm guessing the DVD has 'em as well) I found two on the main menu. "That's a big Ursa!" Laughing and the opening storyboard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
I have an odd question. Has anyone tried to order the RWBY DVDs/Blu-Rays for this series that are distributed by Rooster Teeth? My fiancee ordered one from HMV around Boxing Day and it still hasn't shown up there. We've gone in and asked about it constantly, but they keep telling us that Rooster Teeth hasn't sent anything. Has anyone had an issue with this? Or an issue getting a DVD/Blu Ray from Rooster Teeth directly?
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 Intro is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAfCxXctlY

Time to get excited.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 has finally aired!

Season 2 ep 1
spoiler[Best Food Fight ever!]
Also the animation has gotten better.
spoiler[And Cider and the White Fang are more involved in the story.]
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:

Season 2 ep 1
spoiler[Best Food Fight ever!]

No one in Japan can pull that off any better, because it is not in their culture to do so. The concept of wasting all that goodness is foreign to them.

spoiler[I especially liked Weiss wielding a "sword"fish.] Oh the puns! Twisted Evil Laughing
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[food fight] was the greatest thing ever, I spent the whole time laughing. Especially the spoiler[makeshift weapons out of food].
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
That was the most amazing spoiler[food fight] In the history of spoiler[food fights].

Welcome back, RWBY.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
Ah I forgot this was supposed to be starting up again. Pretty good opening episode I must say. The humor is still corny but it still gets a laugh out of me xP.

The spoiler[food fight] was cool but.........eh they dragged it on a little too long imo. Took up almost half the episode!
Confused
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Ah I forgot this was supposed to be starting up again. Pretty good opening episode I must say. The humor is still corny but it still gets a laugh out of me xP.

The spoiler[food fight] was cool but.........eh they dragged it on a little too long imo. Took up almost half the episode!
Confused

I think the idea was to reconnect with the characters: their abilities and weapons and personalities -- as well as intro the new bad guys that they'll be fighting.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Season ep 2 is out.
spoiler[So the principal of Atlas Academy arrives at Beacon with his students and army with fears of a war coming.
Blake fears something bad is about to happen with the White Fang so the rest of RWBY decides to help her.
And Cider and her minions are now at Beacon disguised as exchange students.]
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Confused

No one in Japan will ever come up with a better one. Cool
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:15 am Reply with quote
Season 2 Episode 4
spoiler[The fight with RWBY and Torchwick's mech was awesome especially RWBY teamwork. (Lol their teamwork names are the fans Shipping names for the girls (eg. FreezerBurn aka Weiss x Yang).
And i'm also liking, Torchwick new minion, Neo. She looks great. Hope to see more of her.]

Also, congrats on RWBY getting an official japanese dub. I like to see some famous VAs doing the dub.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Watched the first ep with a friend and...........I'm not really that into it. The music's good, for sure....but the show itself just looks like a cheap video game. It's also pretty cliche...and coming from me, that's significant because I'm so forgiving of cliches.

You want me to watch something....

use less CGI and more hand drawing

I guarantee you that if someone made a fan-anime that looks like characters on paper instead of Miku Miku Dance, I'd be ALL over it.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I post this headline right here:

Quote:
海外3DCGアニメ『RWBY』吹き替え版BD・DVD販売決定! コミケで発表

http://kai-you.net/article/7931

Apparently, the talkback thread is not there anymore. Though, I'll take some responsibility for that; but not all of it. But enough about that...now for the series itself.

EDIT: I need to improve my search skills.

Anyways, this new season this year - or volume 2 as it is labeled - far far better than last year. It's as if the RoosterTeeth crew sat down for the past year and though about how to make RWBY better. Y'know what, they delivered.

Volume 2 gives something fans want - more action and more importantly - direction. Characters are characters, and people tend to be attracted to series based on characters. However, no point in having nice characters, when there is nothing to go on. Well, now, we're getting a glimpse on the meat of this series, and we can see it going up from here.

I can just hope, that they don't over do things - and take on the approach of "let's milk this cow as much as possible".

Chiibi wrote:
I guarantee you that if someone made a fan-anime that looks like characters on paper instead of Miku Miku Dance, I'd be ALL over it.

Touhou fan videos using MMD. Very Happy Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 19