• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non-North American Licenses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Anyone can add non-US companies using "distributor".

I'm still unsure over using "Kazé Germany" as a company since technically there is no company by that name (in Germany it is VIZ Media Switzerland SA).

There is no real consensus over whether to use "Kaze UK", "Kaze France" "Kaze Germany" or just Kaze with the relevant countr(y|ies) as precision.

For that matter, Manga Entertainment (UK) either needs to be merged with Manga Entertainment or renamed to "Manga Entertainment UK". Having parenthesis in the name messes up entry (I should add that, while Manga in the UK is now just a small part of Anchor Bay/Starz, the original Manga company - the one that doubled the budget for Ghost in the Shell - started in the UK before moving it's base of operations to the US)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Submitting the "Licensed by" information is no longer restricted to staff. You no longer need to use this thread; just submit the information yourself.

As such, this thread is now locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3