• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I'm so annoyed with NOOB's pointless new topics on lists etc

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I have been on forums where in order to post a new topic you have to have ten or twenty posts, I think that you guys on here (mod's) should definately have this rule for new members because it is always the same exact threads on here. They are just made by a different NOOB every two days. I have only been on here for about 2-3 weeks and I have seen countless Neon genesis threads on the order to watch dvd's, the ending, and so many idiots requesting downloads. (even morons who post their home address on the internet) So I feel like I have to sift through all of the crap in the forums just to find an intelligent conversation. I think this would make less work for all the mod's and it would immensily cut down on new topics.

So how do you mod's feel about this?
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Hey buddy Noobs do what they do. If they like Eva then they are gona post on Eva. If all they know is DBZ then thats what they write about. If your tired of reading the same redundant posts then either leave or gauge your eyes out.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:

So how do you mod's feel about this?

Oh excuse me camelot187757 can you not read?

and this is why I asked for a mod's opinions because new KIDS, such as yourself, don't search for a relevant topic, they just post a new one that has a similar topic made only several hours ago. I used Eva as an example (becasue most NOOB's post about it), so don't go all otaku on me, wah because eva as all I know. Obviously if Eva is the only thing they know does that not make them a NOOB to anime. I sure think it doe. thanks though for making a useless post.

Let me further my point for you Camelot, A newbie is a newcomer to a particular field (wikipedia def.), you just proved my complaint about Noob's, by saying that stuff about DBZ and EVA.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quote
who are you to come barging in here and complaining what people have to say? If they want to post about eva/dbz, let them. HOwever, if they post about downloading and such, the mods certainly do their job by locking the thread on a timely basis. And if there are other such threads that violate any rules of this forum, then you can let the admins know by clicking on the exclamation mark on the corner of the post.
Iemander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
This must be one of the most ironic threads I've ever read, and also one of the most worthless sadly.

Hail and goodbye noob.
GloriousPikachu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
To me this all seems so funny. New comers in forums are not called n00bs, and if they are, I personally would not throw away the little dignity I have left on calling them that. So if i were you, i'd go back to playing Counter Strike for 10 hours a day, eating top ramen, and drinking diet cokes...oh and of course stop wasting everyone here's lives.

Thanks
GP
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
You guys don't understand what I am saying, I have been on many different boards for the past 4 years and I am just saying that the boards are typically better when you don't let all of these newbies post stupid new topics.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
GloriousPikachu wrote:
To me this all seems so funny. New comers in forums are not called n00bs, and if they are, I personally would not throw away the little dignity I have left on calling them that. So if i were you, i'd go back to playing Counter Strike for 10 hours a day, eating top ramen, and drinking diet cokes...oh and of course stop wasting everyone here's lives.

Thanks
GP

Guys like you are Otaku's I don't need to help you waste your life, so why don't you go back to watching your hentai.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
You guys don't understand what I am saying, I have been on many different boards for the past 4 years and I am just saying that the boards are typically better when you don't let all of these newbies post stupid new topics.

I do understand and appareciate what you're saying, but Nagisa and the other mods do an excellent job of keeping things under control and killing pointless threads so I don't think such restrictions are necessary here. This is one of the more tightly-moderated anime forums out there, after all.

And seeing which threads get quickly locked and why can be a good lesson for newcomers on what they can and can't do (or ask for) in this forum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
huh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote
i'm surprised this moronic thread, has yet to be killed. thanatos, this thread is much more pointless then one one Eva. at least evas's an anime, this is just complaining from someone even more annoying than the "NOOB's" he hates
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Blocking "noobs" from posting won't help, it'll just make the forum seem less friendly to newcomers which, believe it or not, can consist of plenty of good and intelligent posters along with these other "noobs" you're so up in arms about.

The mods here do a heck of a job removing and eliminating these threads and enlightening the posters who make them. These people you're so angry against will be the way they are whether you allow them to post new threads or not, and I'd think if they're posting new threads it's essentially easier to find anyone that is problematic than if they stuck with replying in others as new threads simply stick out more. Either way, I don't really see it as being as big of a problem as you apparently do, sure there's a few posts a day maybe like what you've pointed out but nowhere close to the level to get that upset about and they're locked or removed quite quickly.

One more thing as well, you may find jumping in a forum and going on an all out offensive against the site, it's rules and some of its posters may not really make you look all that much better than those you attack. This board has no problem with too many new topics, it could probably stand to get a few more a day, there's hardly any reasoning to really justify such restrictions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
huh? wrote:
at least evas's an anime,

I am sorry but I have never heard of this anime. what are you talking about. HAH

Alright let me just say though, I completely agree with all of you that the moderators on these forums do a superb job. I am in no way complaing about the mod's or the rules of the forum, I am just merely making a suggestion. I guess I am just used to more mature topics on message boards, but this board lets all ages post, which is a good thing.

Last edited by Thanatos01s2 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bosque

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Well i want to give my opinion to mods if they are considering this...

Number of posts will never mean quality of posts so asking "20 posts before you can begin a topic" will only bring to the forums post-races and such kind of idiocy.
Also, if you don't like to read Evangelion posts cause you're so advanced and you have all Buchirigi laser discs so you may go to "only-experts forums and such".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
GloriousPikachu wrote:

Thanks
GP

Guys like you are Otaku's I don't need to help you waste your life, so why don't you go back to watching your hentai.

I will thank you, 'front innocent' just arrived this morning and I've been itching to watch all day Cool

but I do agree in that most simple questions can be answered by a simple search, and the rules have(I cant remember exactly actually) stated its always worthwhile to do a search for similar topics beforehand, but people tend to waive that rule anyway so how is making a new rule going to help?

also the problem I have with some of these forums where by you must have X amount of posts before you can make a topic is that if all I want is to ask a question about it I cant without either taking some other thread off topic or hoping someone else has asked a similar one.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Bosque wrote:
Well i want to give my opinion to mods if they are considering this...

Number of posts will never mean quality of posts so asking "20 posts before you can begin a topic" will only bring to the forums post-races and such kind of idiocy.
Also, if you don't like to read Evangelion posts cause you're so advanced and you have all Buchirigi laser discs so you may go to "only-experts forums and such".

Man you EVA otaku sure take things personally, I used Eva as an EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you Eva people shut up, you guys do realize what an example is correct? or do I have to explain it to you?

Last edited by Thanatos01s2 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3